Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
Mustangdude72

Default Dealership issues

Ok so as of right this I am on the 44th day without my boss which is my daily driver because the dealership had to rebuild the entire mt-82 save the case, I was told today would be the day I got her back, so I go up to the dealership to check on progress, they tell me they had everything buttoned up but the car wouldnt go to any other gear other than 1st or 2nd, so now their excuse is the bosses MT-82 is much tighter than that of a regular 5.0 and v6 mustangs so now they have to have the trans shipped off somewhere to be repaired so now it'll be another week im without my car, does anybody know if thats true that the trans that comes on the boss are at all different than those on regular mustangs??? and why is my dealership who's quiet a large volume dealer not have the proper equipment to repair the FORD part???
2004 Cobra OW pullied, full exhaust 480rwhp SOLD
2014 Raptor Ruby red

2013 Boss 302 school bus yellow; MGW race spec short throw, CAI, catch can, muffler deletes, dyno tune 406rwhp 360rwtq....Daily driver
Mustangdude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
NAVAG

Same Tranny as the rest. MT-82. It sucks. Still no reason for a "Ford Certified" Mechanic to botch the job.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
NAVAG

They probably ship it off because they either don't have the parts or the expertise to fix it. Because of inventory costs I doubt they keep any transmission parts on hand. Anytime I've been to a Ford Mechanic for a part for either my mustang or my f-150 they've had to have it shipped to the dealer.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 01-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Mustangdude72

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
They probably ship it off because they either don't have the parts or the expertise to fix it. Because of inventory costs I doubt they keep any transmission parts on hand. Anytime I've been to a Ford Mechanic for a part for either my mustang or my f-150 they've had to have it shipped to the dealer.
Well theyve spend the past month gathering all the parts and theyve told me now on mutliple occassions that all the parts are there so that's not the problem, just dont understand why the transmission shop of my FORD dealership couldnt do the fix there??? they claimed they didnt have the correct press for the gear on the boss because the bosses mt82 is "tighter" Im calling BS
2014 Raptor Ruby red

2013 Boss 302 school bus yellow; MGW race spec short throw, CAI, catch can, muffler deletes, dyno tune 406rwhp 360rwtq....Daily driver

Last edited by Mustangdude72; 01-28-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #5
NAVAG

Originally Posted by Mustangdude72 View Post
Well theyve spend the past month gathering all the parts and theyve told me now on mutliple occassions that all the parts are there so that's not the problem, just dont understand why the transmission shop of my FORD dealership couldnt do the fix there??? they claimed they didnt have the correct press for the gear on the boss because the bosses mt82 is "tighter" Im calling BS
I'm not sure about the differences between the Boss MT82 and GT...I figured they were the same with exception for the Short Throw "Barton" Shifter. I haven't always had good relationships with Ford Dealers. I figured that when mine craps out I would invest in a T56 or something better than the MT82. You could get one of those for under four grand and probably install it over a weekend with a buddy and a case of coldies. At least the shifter would be top loaded and not remote
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH

Last edited by NAVAG; 01-28-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:26 PM   #6
Monolith

Was this warranty work or are you paying for this?

2012 Race Red Mustang 5.0 with JLT CAI, Catless midpipe, Pype X Pipe and Axle Backs. Bama Tuned. RTR chin splitter, Roush side effects and rear diffuser, and Steeda spoiler.
19" AMR's with Nero's.
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #7
Mustangdude72

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Was this warranty work or are you paying for this?
Warranty
2014 Raptor Ruby red

Old 01-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
Monolith

Mechanic is padding hours for money...warranty work is paid less than paid work so mechanics pad the bill to compensate...

2012 Race Red Mustang 5.0 with JLT CAI, Catless midpipe, Pype X Pipe and Axle Backs. Bama Tuned. RTR chin splitter, Roush side effects and rear diffuser, and Steeda spoiler.
19" AMR's with Nero's.
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
BlackStang08

I know what you are going through...The internal stock parts for the trannies are hard to come by. I am surprised they just didn't swap out a remanufactured one since its warranty work? Did you ask them that?

In my case I took my car to a trusted mechanic that is better than the dealer, imo. I broke a gear inside the tranny. It was A LOT cheaper for me to have the tech order that part and replace it, knowing the long lead time; then paying for a factory Ford remanufactured trans or a new one, both in stock and they could have me in my car in 3 days.

Ended up taking a little over a month to get all the Ford parts needed to be replaced due to back orders and long lead times. Man I was getting pissed. I assume they got you in a rental?

Don't think they are padding for money. They only can charge for work performed not for the car sitting. If they completed the trans, screwed up the install and are sending it out, it's costing them money now.

In any case, since they screwed up after you waiting all that time they should compensate you with free oil changes or something.

600rwhp 550rwtq - 93 Octane Tune

Last edited by BlackStang08; 02-01-2015 at 10:31 AM.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #10
SixPak

Originally Posted by Mustangdude72 View Post
Well theyve spend the past month gathering all the parts and theyve told me now on mutliple occassions that all the parts are there so that's not the problem, [B]just dont understand why the transmission shop of my FORD dealership couldnt do the fix there??? [/B]they claimed they didnt have the correct press for the gear on the boss because the bosses mt82 is "tighter" Im calling BS
They probably didn't have anyone there that knew how to fix it, because any mechanics that are worth a shit soon figure out that dealerships not only are fucking the customer, they are fucking the employees as well.
They get their factory training, Certs, a year or two of experience and then go find a real job. Being a line mechanic at a dealership is not life long career.
Next time you stop at your dealership take a look in the service area. Most all you are gonna see there are kids in their 20's. You probably won't see one guy in there with any trace of gray hair.
Well, maybe one.
SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #11
Mustangdude72

Originally Posted by SixPak View Post
They probably didn't have anyone there that knew how to fix it, because any mechanics that are worth a shit soon figure out that dealerships not only are fucking the customer, they are fucking the employees as well.
They get their factory training, Certs, a year or two of experience and then go find a real job. Being a line mechanic at a dealership is not life long career.
Next time you stop at your dealership take a look in the service area. Most all you are gonna see there are kids in their 20's. You probably won't see one guy in there with any trace of gray hair.
Well, maybe one.
This is funny, got the car back two days ago all is well now, and the tech that did the work is a senior master tech by the name of Bobby Campbell, and all his hair is grey lmao
2014 Raptor Ruby red

Old 02-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #12
SixPak

Well, I did allow for one in my post now, didn't I?
LOL!
SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #13
BlackStang08

Lol. The kids in their 20s are doing the oil changes, tires, etc. They wouldn't touch a tranny unless they had the knowledge and schooling. Agree somewhat on the attitude toward them. Some definitely don't treat my car the way I do. I hate seeing oil finger prints on my car. Haha.

Glad you got your car back and all is well!

600rwhp 550rwtq - 93 Octane Tune
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #14
blmcguinness

I had the same issue with my 5.0. I bought it at Five Star in NRH. Less than a month and it was having issues shifting and staying in gear.

It took them a total of 52 days before I got it back. The part had to come from overseas etc.

It was all warranty work, and I moaned enough and got a month of my payment reimbursed by Ford.
blmcguinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #15
JDBishopArts

What dealership?
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote