Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
GTRacerX

Default What to do???

Ok so I'm tired of staring at my 2002 GT with body damage and incomplete engine build. Basically I will probably have to replace both quarter panels, the rear trunk, rear bumper, and I will need to have the frame straightened. That's the body work needed. The engine is pretty much done just needs one part fabricated for the turbo(part of the exhaust) and a custom tune. Not sure if I should even bother fixing it or just part it out. If I keep it I could use some help deciding where to send it for all the work needed. Car has about $30,000 invested. What do you guys think?
GTRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
downtime!

Originally Posted by GTRacerX View Post
Ok so I'm tired of staring at my 2002 GT with body damage and incomplete engine build. Basically I will probably have to replace both quarter panels, the rear trunk, rear bumper, and I will need to have the frame straightened. That's the body work needed. The engine is pretty much done just needs one part fabricated for the turbo(part of the exhaust) and a custom tune. Not sure if I should even bother fixing it or just part it out. If I keep it I could use some help deciding where to send it for all the work needed. Car has about $30,000 invested. What do you guys think?
With the choices out there on the market now, I would opt for a clean car from CL with a straight body and bad drivetrain and then swap your stuff over. You would be bucks ahead doing it that way and could focus on finishing the engine and getting her running.

If that doesn't work, then part her out and move on.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
GTRacerX

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
With the choices out there on the market now, I would opt for a clean car from CL with a straight body and bad drivetrain and then swap your stuff over. You would be bucks ahead doing it that way and could focus on finishing the engine and getting her running.

If that doesn't work, then part her out and move on.
Well that was what I was thinking too. Only problem I I'm not the most mechanically inclined so I would also had to pay someone to transfer everything over...still it would probably be cheaper I suppose.
GTRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote