The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm going to buy a bike soon. We could go riding if you want.
Steve that does sound like fun as long as I don't have to wear the spandex. I can assure you nobody wants to see that.

Originally Posted by Ralex5.0 View Post
I got this P90 workout which i bought through their company. i'm on week 3 and its been working out for me so far.

I got the p90x but I'm not digging it. My wife and her sister do it but I like lifting weights better. There are a lot of the exercises I can't do because of my hips and shoulders so I think I'm going to have to go back to the normal gym
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
Ralex5.0

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Steve that does sound like fun as long as I don't have to wear the spandex. I can assure you nobody wants to see that.

I got the p90x but I'm not digging it. My wife and her sister do it but I like lifting weights better. There are a lot of the exercises I can't do because of my hips and shoulders so I think I'm going to have to go back to the normal gym
I feel you man. The section i suck the most is the yoga section. It kills me! man and seeing them bending and twisting on the video and i'm like NO WAY that is possible that got be graphic enhanced lol.

| Roush Axle Back Exhaust | Gear 3.73 | C&L Cold Air intake | Exterior Factory Style Upgrade | Interior Factory Style Upgrade w/ Saddle leather Interior |
Ralex5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Ralex5.0 View Post
I feel you man. The section i suck the most is the yoga section. It kills me! man and seeing them bending and twisting on the video and i'm like NO WAY that is possible that got be graphic enhanced lol.
I started doing Yoga with the wife the last month and I really like it. At first like most guys, you think it's some sort of foo foo girly stuff, but it's really hard!! I do one session in the morning to get the day started and one before bed. Not only is it a great workout, but really settles my mind and relaxes me. I'm really enjoying it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I prefer to lift alone. It's my time to get rid of stress. I don't want to chit chat, or wait on someone else etc. I also don't want to be in the gym for 3 hours. I want to get in, get my training done and get out. I usually have my four year old in the daycare at the gym and hour and half to two hours is about her limit in there before starts getting tired of it.

I don't expect everyone to be as detailed as I am, but when training I do expect partners to be trying to better themselves rather than joking around or slacking off. I'm there to work and get better. I treat lifting weights the same way.
+1. definitely feel the same way. I do my arm workouts at home due to this. That and I try to have as little rest time between moving to the next workout and hate sloppy people that just sit on machines.

I'm older, fatter and have trashed most my joints so I will never lift any type of heavy weight again but I do need to lose weight. Just got to get motivated.
How much do you weigh?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
Dominic Toretto

Just wanted to give a little update.

I have gained a solid 5lbs since the initial post. Only changes I have made have been to incorporate creatine and added more variety to my workout strategy. Progress is progress. Hope everyone else is doing well also.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Just wanted to give a little update.

I have gained a solid 5lbs since the initial post. Only changes I have made have been to incorporate creatine and added more variety to my workout strategy. Progress is progress. Hope everyone else is doing well also.

-Alex
Creatine makes you retain intermuscular water.. most people gain 5-10lbs of water weight when they start taking it.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
Creatine makes you retain intermuscular water.. most people gain 5-10lbs of water weight when they start taking it.
I have read that it is very important for training purposes to stay hydrated, so I am sure that is a basic benefit. I can say that I do feel stronger / able to move more weight with easier effort. More notably though is that I feel as though my stamina has definitely increased. Where as normally, my failure point is greatly exceeded.

BTW I don't take creatine daily. I take it immediately after a workout and the following morning.

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Dominic Toretto

White_lightning found this article by a quick google search.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...t-what-it-does

It also agrees that the first few lbs are water but states that because of the amount you can increasingly do, you should also increase muscle obviously. I'll keep at it to see how further I may get with this. Still don't plan on taking it daily. Just in moderation.

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I'm looking for advise on a 4 day split for lifting. I can't go heavy with my legs do to bad hips but still need to work out my lower body. Any advise is welcome, I need to lose some weight. If I need to build mass first I am willing to do that I just need help.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #10
Dominic Toretto

I'm looking for advise on a 4 day split for lifting. I can't go heavy with my legs do to bad hips but still need to work out my lower body. Any advise is welcome, I need to lose some weight. If I need to build mass first I am willing to do that I just need help.

Thanks in advance
Building mass is moreso heavy lifting. So if you're wanting to lose weight you'll need to focus more on smaller weights with more reps. If you are mainly concerned with losing weight cardio would be the most effective way to go. Burning calories. If you are beginning working out, try with some running/jogging and incorporate some light lifting as well. Assess your tolerances and lift accordingly.

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Building mass is moreso heavy lifting. So if you're wanting to lose weight you'll need to focus more on smaller weights with more reps. If you are mainly concerned with losing weight cardio would be the most effective way to go. Burning calories. If you are beginning working out, try with some running/jogging and incorporate some light lifting as well. Assess your tolerances and lift accordingly.

-Alex
I guess you missed the part about bad hips. I really can't do heavy cardio, my hip hurts just sitting so jogging is out. I can walk a good while but won't sleep because that hurts. I was in great shape in high school and I lost 30lbs years ago so I know how to do it but now my body doesn't like me anymore so I have to learn new ways. That's the kind of advice I'm looking for.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
Dominic Toretto

I guess you missed the part about bad hips. I really can't do heavy cardio, my hip hurts just sitting so jogging is out. I can walk a good while but won't sleep because that hurts. I was in great shape in high school and I lost 30lbs years ago so I know how to do it but now my body doesn't like me anymore so I have to learn new ways. That's the kind of advice I'm looking for.
No, didn't miss it just wasn't sure exactly what bad hips meant. Sorry hear that though, wasn't sure exactly how it effected you. Man not sure what to advise on that as you probably use hips for damn near everything.

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
blownaltered
I have a small penis

No, didn't miss it just wasn't sure exactly what bad hips meant. Sorry hear that though, wasn't sure exactly how it effected you. Man not sure what to advise on that as you probably use hips for damn near everything.

-Alex
Yeah that's kind of my problem right now. One is feeling ok but the other is messed up again so I will probably need another hip surgery. Loosing weight would definitely help with how it feels but hard cardio is out so I was thinking if I pumped heavier weight with my upper body I could burn the calories that way. Hell I really don't know what do at this point but I need to do something. I'm damn near 240lbs so Ive got to start losing, I've gain 20 pounds since my hips started hurting last year.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Blackout

In the month I've been back in the gym I've added 20lbs to my bench

No make that 1 in a half?? Oe when ever i 1st posted in this thread...nice steady progress..

'14 6mt 5.0 bone stock dyno 376/360 on 87oct
NEEDS MOAR POWA!!
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #15
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
In the month I've been back in the gym I've added 20lbs to my bench

No make that 1 in a half?? Oe when ever i 1st posted in this thread...nice steady progress..
Building muscle is definitely a process. Good work

-Alex