Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
GunsUp

Default Problem w/ Dealership & valet taking your car out?

Well I am pretty pissed off right now so I figured I would ask y'all if you have had any personal experiences like I just had.

I dropped my car off at Dealership X to have them check why my air bag light on the drivers side is on. I dropped the car off at 7:30 am yesterday morning and got it back at 5:30 last night.

They had to "take apart" the interior to discover why the sensor was going off and ended up ordering a part that will be here sometime next week I assume.

When I dropped the car off I ask my service department guy if FOR ANY REASON my car would have to leave the dealership, He told me no it would not.

Well after waiting around all day & calling twice I finally went to pick it up. They pulled my car out and took the plastic off the seats and the paper mats on the floor (I was happy to see they had did this) but I immediately pulled into a parking spot and checked everything. Here is the list I discovered to be wrong with my car.

1. My e-brake had about 40% play in it and did not start engaging until about half way up (had no play whatsoever when I dropped it off)

2. 1/4 tank of gas is missing

3. My avg MPG is 6.4 yes 6.fucking4 It was well over 18 when I dropped it off

4. The bass on my radio had been turned all the way up (had it in the middle)

5. It was dirty as hell, clearly driven in the rain and they did not wash it before they returned it.

I jumped out of my car with steam shooting from my ears and nostrils and gave the service guy a piece of my mind.

Keep in mind this is the FIRST TIME I have dropped my car off to have any work done. The service rep told me he would fix my e-brake etc. But I made it clear it shouldn't have needed to be fixed in the first place and I wanted to know who took my car out.

I'm assuming someone took it out when the rain started coming down and did some drifting in it, I only wish one of my wheels could have gotten damage so I could get some Roush wheels.

I told them they should give me a chrome set for free (yeah right)

So I just wanted to know if any of y'all have had an experience like this and how you handled it?

What do you do when you have to leave your car for service? Do you valet?

I'm pissed but I know this happens to cars like this all the time.

Share your experience!