Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #16
Midnight11
El Presidente

He didn't radar me. Was just behind me and pulled me over. I doubt it was really a 100

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
He didn't radar me. Was just behind me and pulled me over. I doubt it was really a 100
So why not fight it?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
So why not fight it?
Almost not worth the hassle nowadays.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Almost not worth the hassle nowadays.
BS! Just an excuse for the insurance to jack up your rates. That's always worth the fight.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #20
DirtyD

I said almost. Some cities and municipalities make you jump through some stupid hoops to try and fight it. I just did DD and deffered on my tickets and know not to get caught anymore. My insurance never went up.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #21
zsommer79

Your average ticket cost doesn't seem to cost much more than they did 10 years ago. I think the main reason for it is that for say $400 you might be willing to go waste a day trying get a BS ticket dismissed but for 200 it's not worth the hassle. I was going to fight the last ticket I got in Richardson, cop said she paced me from the feeder on 75 doing 90 in a 60. Got really pissed when I question how she was doing 90 on the feeder at 9am on a weekday. She dropped it to 80mph so I just took defensive instead of jumping through all the hoops.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Meh. I think tickets are part of the hobby in my opinion. There is ways to minimize is by using common sense like the proper time and place but it's still going to happen. I'm good usually for one ticket a year.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #23
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Meh. I think tickets are part of the hobby in my opinion. There is ways to minimize is by using common sense like the proper time and place but it's still going to happen. I'm good usually for one ticket a year.
Agreed. And I haven't had a ticket in years.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #24
Midnight11
El Presidente

It was he said stuff and had to pay a lawyer and it was gonna be at leAst 3 court dates. Not worth it to me

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #25
NAVAG

I got a ticket about a year ago crossing the bridge coming from Rockwall. All I had to do was go online and pay a fraction of the cost and be on probation for 90 days and it drops off my record. Kind of like deferred judification Most traffic tickets in Dallas are handled that way now so that they don't tie up the courts.

I was going with the flow of traffic and my V1 started going ape shit. I turned and saw a cop leaning out of his window with a lazer. I noticed that he didn't shoot for the old piece of shit pickup with the truck nuts hanging from the bumper that was passing me at the time...Sport car discrimination.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #26
garner

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
I got a ticket about a year ago crossing the bridge coming from Rockwall. All I had to do was go online and pay a fraction of the cost and be on probation for 90 days and it drops off my record. Kind of like deferred judification Most traffic tickets in Dallas are handled that way now so that they don't tie up the courts.

I was going with the flow of traffic and my V1 started going ape shit. I turned and saw a cop leaning out of his window with a lazer. I noticed that he didn't shoot for the old piece of shit pickup with the truck nuts hanging from the bumper that was passing me at the time...Sport car discrimination.
Wish it was that way down here. Here it's court cost plus a special dismissal fee(both together conveniently equal cost of ticket) plus cost of defensive driving

It sucks that we have a new wannabe hard ass prosecutor too. She tried giving me 180 day probation for like 25 over, that got dropped to 90 very quickly

Last edited by garner; 05-08-2014 at 12:31 AM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #27
TwoQuack

Get a Valentine1. Blendmount has a great mount for them.
Never just pay the ticket.
Save the defensive driving for when you really need it, as in the 2nd ticket you get this year.
Ask for deferred adjudication. You pay the fine, but if you don't get another ticket in the probation period it'll go away.
TwoQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #28
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by garner View Post
It sucks that we have a new wannabe hard ass prosecutor too. She tried giving me 180 day probation for like 25 over, that got dropped to 90 very quickly
She could have thrown you in jail. Sounds like she was being nice to me.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #29
garner

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
She could have thrown you in jail. Sounds like she was being nice to me.
She would've had to change the charge to reckless driving in order to do that. But if you want to get technical, you can get arrested for doing 1 mph over if the cop thinks it is reckless driving. So actually everybody in this thread could have been arrested.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #30
TwoQuack

Originally Posted by garner View Post
She would've had to change the charge to reckless driving in order to do that. But if you want to get technical, you can get arrested for doing 1 mph over if the cop thinks it is reckless driving. So actually everybody in this thread could have been arrested.
A reckless driving charge blows! I got arrested and slapped with one in Snyder, TX. Judge was a total dick. Had to hire an atty. Did 12 months probation with a large fine and it was still on my record as "reckless conduct." Somehow they entered it that way instead of reckless driving. I didn't know it was showing on my record and it came up in a background search which prevented me from getting the position. Later I figured it out and had to hire another atty to "suppress" the information. It couldn't be removed entirely. Definitely not worth the hassles for the way I was driving.
TwoQuack is offline   Reply With Quote