Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #121
Dominic Toretto

I would drive this import all day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8Kz2H8iU4

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #122
re-rx7
Banned

Just give me a Supra.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #123
5HIFT3D

I have personally never seen a Ford GT GTX1 run but I have seen a GTR run and being a very fast car as it is, along with other rice mobiles, is not even close. Think about what you are all saying, the fastest street legal car in the WORLD on paper is in fact a LS9 powered Venom GT built by none other than John Hennessey the only vehicle coming close is a 2.4 million dollar Bugatti Veyron. Now I know the price tags on this branding of vehicle is only a dream for most of us but I choose American built muscle all day. I amnot ssaying Guitten Jr. is the best driver in drifting but a driver is only capable of performing aswell as what he drives. A standing quarter in a Ford GT is around 11.00-11.5 and a GTR is the same. Notice I quoted GT and not a 1000+ rwhp GTX1 which is in the supercar class a GTR is not. My race with the EVO was fun and when I said he was tuned I meant he had verbally confirmed he was tuned. I don't care about if he had aftermarket mods on his car and when I showed him my under the hood product, being a stock 5.0, he flipped his lid. He was absolutely beside himself and I laughed closed my hood got in my car and left. Sorry for the long read for most I am just a believer in home grown muscle. I wonder why dragster and funny car is American powered? Scratching my head on that one
5HIFT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #124
Dominic Toretto

I don't consider a Nissan GTR to be an underpowered car by any modern standards. That car doesn't really fit this thread to begin with.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 10-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #125
garner

Originally Posted by 5HIFT3D View Post
I have personally never seen a Ford GT GTX1 run but I have seen a GTR run and being a very fast car as it is, along with other rice mobiles, is not even close. Think about what you are all saying, the fastest street legal car in the WORLD on paper is in fact a LS9 powered Venom GT built by none other than John Hennessey the only vehicle coming close is a 2.4 million dollar Bugatti Veyron. Now I know the price tags on this branding of vehicle is only a dream for most of us but I choose American built muscle all day. I amnot ssaying Guitten Jr. is the best driver in drifting but a driver is only capable of performing aswell as what he drives. A standing quarter in a Ford GT is around 11.00-11.5 and a GTR is the same. Notice I quoted GT and not a 1000+ rwhp GTX1 which is in the supercar class a GTR is not. My race with the EVO was fun and when I said he was tuned I meant he had verbally confirmed he was tuned. I don't care about if he had aftermarket mods on his car and when I showed him my under the hood product, being a stock 5.0, he flipped his lid. He was absolutely beside himself and I laughed closed my hood got in my car and left. Sorry for the long read for most I am just a believer in home grown muscle. I wonder why dragster and funny car is American powered? Scratching my head on that one
Well there are the alpha 10 to compare with the gtx1
Old 10-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #126
re-rx7
Banned

Because drag racing is popular almost only in the US??? You do realize there are 1000+hp GTR's aswell dont you?

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I don't consider a Nissan GTR to be an underpowered car by any modern standards. That car doesn't really fit this thread to begin with.

-Alex
For real.

Last edited by re-rx7; 10-13-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #127
5HIFT3D

Now we are talking, I to believe the GTR should not be a part of this discussion and I would love to get behind the wheel of those bad boys one day. At 120K I would buy a viper or a zr1 first. Drag racing is American made along with NASCAR but I see Toyotas out on that track. Don't you guys see the ricers at the Drag racing track aswell? They have to do a lot of mods to keep up is all that I am trying to say. I can't stand seeing a slammed pissed off bumblebee sounding civic bouncing its way down the road. Good talk but it is now football time and my Cowboys have to redeem their selves tonight.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #128
re-rx7
Banned

Now we are talking, I to believe the GTR should not be a part of this discussion and I would love to get behind the wheel of those bad boys one day. At 120K I would buy a viper or a zr1 first. Drag racing is American made along with NASCAR but I see Toyotas out on that track. Don't you guys see the ricers at the Drag racing track aswell? They have to do a lot of mods to keep up is all that I am trying to say. I can't stand seeing a slammed pissed off bumblebee sounding civic bouncing its way down the road. Good talk but it is now football time and my Cowboys have to redeem their selves tonight.
Nascar is an american thing as well. Toyota does it for brand imaging. God knows why but they do. Evos can get in the 11's with bolton's just like the 5.0.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #129
5HIFT3D

A lot more work for them though.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #130
re-rx7
Banned

A lot more work for them though.
How so? Intake, tune, exhaust? Sounds like about what we do.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #131
5HIFT3D

True but my car was 27K new and an Evo Gsr the best they have is 40K. Evo is still in the 13 + second mark new with no mods. I do whatever mods for 13K and I am running with the GT500 s and Vettes and the GTR. I am not claiming a definite win. Their launch times are impressive but that is all they have.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #132
Dominic Toretto

At 120K I would buy a viper or a zr1 first.
Ditto. I definitely respect a GTR but a Viper or ZR1 is more my type of car... and looks better.

Their launch times are impressive but that is all they have.
They will also out handle a 5.0. But for $40k you can get a Boss 302 which will handle very well and be faster than the Evo.

-Alex

Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #133
OG Fox
Supporting Member

you guys are comparing apples to oranges. those american cars are made for going fast in a straight line. and the foreign cars are made for going fast in a turn. it all depends on your end goal.
i had a nice 12 5.0 that did double duty on the drag strip and road course, but it would have taken lots more in suspension upgrades to handle as well as my bone stock miata now.

its all relative, what do you wanna go fast in? straight line or curves. i choose curves.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #134
5HIFT3D

That is why I watched a bit of the le mans this year because ford decided to come out swinging amongst the bmw and porsche products. It just takes a nice weight ratio and suspension upgrades. We have the power. Hell they're throwing the focus st in the ring with the evo and wrx nowadays.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #135
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
you guys are comparing apples to oranges. those american cars are made for going fast in a straight line.
Some of the fastest cars around the Nurburgring are Corvettes and Vipers. Actually a Viper held the record not too long ago. Just sayin.

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
its all relative, what do you wanna go fast in? straight line or curves. i choose curves.
I choose straight lines. I'd say 99% of the time spent in my car travelling is going in a straight line. You're only going through a turn for a few seconds.

-Alex