Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
03MachMe

Default Re: dynoing the car today

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Well the results are in. 358hp, 338tq with 74 degrees outside And 70% humidity -- must add that's just with 3.55 gears and magna flow axle back .. CAI & Tune will arrive and be put on the car tomorrow.
? That seems a little low imo but I agree with Steve dyno numbers don't really matter

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #17
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Well the results are in. 358hp, 338tq with 74 degrees outside And 70% humidity -- must add that's just with 3.55 gears and magna flow axle back .. CAI & Tune will arrive and be put on the car tomorrow.
Dang, those are almost numbers from an Auto. Did they give you a print out of the dyno graph? Wonder what type of dyno it is.

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What is with your obsession with the settings on the numbers? I don't get it. The only numbers that matter are on the track. Dyno numbers do not equate performance numbers, it's simply peak numbers. The dyno is only a tool to tune a car not measure performance. I don't get this younger generations obsession with peak numbers.
All I did was just give him an estimate in both corrected forms. That's all. He asked about PEAK numbers, I answered his question. I know the track is where you put those numbers to the test, troll.

I don't get why you get so damn uptight about it.

Last edited by DirtyD; 06-06-2013 at 02:50 PM.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
Courtesy Flush

My auto 12 did 371/334 locked in 3rd gear.
Hopefully you dynoed in 5th with the 6MT.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Dang, those are almost numbers from an Auto. Did they give you a print out of the dyno graph? Wonder what type of dyno it is.

I have the graph, was a dyno jet. The guy dynoing the car, said it was the humidity that killed the numbers. Just a poor day to dyno.

All I did was just give him an estimate in both corrected forms. That's all. He asked about PEAK numbers, I answered his question. I know the track is where you put those numbers to the test, troll.

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
My auto 12 did 371/334 locked in 3rd gear.
Hopefully you dynoed in 5th with the 6MT.
Your auto put some impressive numbers down. To be honest with you ur was a younger guy dynoing the car I heard 1-2nd shift and one more after that and exhaust note got deep but not sure if it was 4th or 5th gear. I hope it was 5th as its 1:1

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm not uptight about it, you arguement just doesn't make any sense. Grilling someone over STD or SAE doesn't really matter. Depending on the air, temp, humidity or whatever else those numbers are nullified on any given day. Manual or auto, big convertor/small convertor etc. There is so many ways that can be manipulated it's crazy.

What matters is performance and having all the parts in a set up that work together in a efficient manner. A car make numbers to the moon, but it doesn't use them with the proper powerband, gearing etc for how it's intended on being used, then the numbers are useless.

How many times have you seen a car make really low numbers, but down some crazy ET times at the track? It's because the combo works together.

The same can be said for some high number dyno queens - why is it they can spin the rollers to a crazy number, but yet they get out on the street and get drug dirty by cars making much less? Because the setup doesn't work.

That is the point I'm making to you. The ONLY numbers that matter on a dyno is the A/F while tuning.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #21
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm not uptight about it, you arguement just doesn't make any sense. Grilling someone over STD or SAE doesn't really matter. Depending on the air, temp, humidity or whatever else those numbers are nullified on any given day. Manual or auto, big convertor/small convertor etc. There is so many ways that can be manipulated it's crazy.

What matters is performance and having all the parts in a set up that work together in a efficient manner. A car make numbers to the moon, but it doesn't use them with the proper powerband, gearing etc for how it's intended on being used, then the numbers are useless.

How many times have you seen a car make really low numbers, but down some crazy ET times at the track? It's because the combo works together.

The same can be said for some high number dyno queens - why is it they can spin the rollers to a crazy number, but yet they get out on the street and get drug dirty by cars making much less? Because the setup doesn't work.

That is the point I'm making to you. The ONLY numbers that matter on a dyno is the A/F while tuning.
Dude, what fucking argument are you talking about? I simple typed my guesses to his dyno numbers. Who gives a flying shit if I put down both STD and SAE? I wasn't grilling anyone. I'm over that fucking shit from the other day. But obvious you aren't because you bring it up every god damn chance you get. It's getting really fucking old.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
Luke

I think he's fucking with you again...
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Dude, what fucking argument are you talking about? I simple typed my guesses to his dyno numbers. Who gives a flying shit if I put down both STD and SAE? I wasn't grilling anyone. I'm over that fucking shit from the other day. But obvious you aren't because you bring it up every god damn chance you get. It's getting really fucking old.
Dude, relax. Holy kneejerk reaction, Batman. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
DirtyD

I'm not in the best mood right now because I'm having to deal with dipshit people at work, so I'm just worked up.

Sorry to derail the thread. You can clean it up if you want.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #25
Oxford14Stang

Its all okay guys... let's just relax we are all here for shits and fun. I'll be out at the track(northstar dragway) tomorrow with rebelracer568 if it doesn't rain. It will be my first time ever going down a drag strip, and off a tree. Wish me luck, any guesses on what I'll run? --- will be still only with magna flow axle back and 3.55 gears (will put CAI & tune on after)

Last edited by Oxford14Stang; 06-06-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
Oxford14Stang

I'm not in the best mood right now because I'm having to deal with dipshit people at work, so I'm just worked up.

Sorry to derail the thread. You can clean it up if you want.
Hope ur day gets better!

Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #27
thelandshark

With ur gt 5 driveing skills I'll say 10.2 in the 8th
thelandshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by thelandshark View Post
With ur gt 5 driveing skills I'll say 10.2 in the 8th
What a dick.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #29
thelandshark

Came up with thouse numbers cause he can't hit 3rd to save his life
thelandshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #30
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by thelandshark View Post
Came up with thouse numbers cause he can't hit 3rd to save his life
At least I drive a car that I can miss 3rd and.. in my defence its only with you bastards in the car lol