Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #406
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I'll run you in my NA car
I'm sure you would.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #407
Junkie

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I'm sure you would.
Do you always have such a horrible attitude?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #408
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Do you always have such a horrible attitude?
How do you assume that from my comment you quoted?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #409
brtnstrns

So about that get together...

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #410
Junkie

How do you assume that from my comment you quoted?
Because almost all the posts I've seen you make are either attention seeking, patting your own back or being a cry baby.

Hence me thinking you've got a bad attitude. Its not terribly complicated.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #411
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Have you ever owned a nitrous car? If so have you ever owned a direct port system on the car. Direct port works a lot different the single nozzle or plate systems.
Yes. It was a plated coupe, carb'd car, stripped down to nothing. Ran into the 9's at the track, but felt like you were going to die if you tried to turn too fast on the street on front runners, no sway bar etc. Of course, we're talking the mid 90's too. lol.

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
i picked up 195 rwhp with a "150" shot

just sayin.
Oh yeah, try that with a smaller displacement 4v car rather than 40+ more cubes pushrod motor. lol.
I never said my shit is a new discovering. But my is unique in its class. Like I said I'm not competing against people that puts 50k plus into their cars. I wanted to be different then the rest of what people are doing to their coyotes. Boost it and that's it. But I guess when you're the odd man out you will be hated and have haters.
It is unique, I've given you that several times. I've said your car is cool as the other side of the pillow. You aren't hated on. Your smack talk and hypothetical bench racing is what got all this going. You should just stick what you know for sure - 508-525 whatever you want to call it and realize racing is run what you bring. Not pick your races by mod for mod crap. That's silly.

Well Steve won't argue with you cause you have a super duper fast car.
LOL, so not true.

LOL! my car is FAR from fast...

And steve argues with me all the time.. Because he's my Boy.. and it's fun
Yeahhh buddddddddy!

Good.. because if either of us wanted the "Fastest car" in dallas.. we BOTH picked the wrong platform lol
I think you're doing all right. Certainly not in much risk of losing races at random meets. Now, TI or DR gtg, might be a lil different. You still have the Dirty Bird to contend with! lmao.

Man stop playing my car isn't fast stuff. It is a fucking beast. And I like Steve and known him for years but for some reason he likes to argue about something he has no clue about which in this case nitrous. It gets annoying after we go back and forth about it.
You're the one taking it as an argument. It's a discussion as far as I'm concerned. I gave my opinion on it, you wanted to argue my opinion is wrong.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Since you don't have a tune for your nitrous there are bunch of new 5.0s that will blow your doors off. Once you get your nitrous tune you will be faster than most but till then you are bench racing.

Dude you do stroke your ego a lot. Do you jerk off looking into the mirror talking about how awesome you are?
Exactly.

LMAO@ the 2nd part. You sick in the head, Donnie!

Some times I do. And I'm sure there are 5.0's out there that will crush me. But how many NA 5.0's that can do that? I mean they would have to have boost and even then if they are within 75 rwhp of me I don't see why I couldn't beat them or hang with them for a 30-120 race.
You'll beat most 5.0's around on motor unless they are boosted. Hell, you might even beat a few boosted ones. You and Merlin would be a good race your motor to his blower.

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
He didn't tell me what he made frankly I don't care it was fun and I had him till the big ass turbo kicked in
LOL, I tried to tell you to go from a lower roll. I called that one.

You should had raced him from a dig to 100 and you would had won.
Yup. Neon's aint shit from a dig or low roll. But they can shit and get on the big end with the turbo upgrades. Nick got hustled, no biggie. That's street racing. At least he had the balls to give it a shot rather than bench race it to death first to know if it was worthy of his gas or not! lmao.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #412
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Because almost all the posts I've seen you make are either attention seeking, patting your own back or being a cry baby.

Hence me thinking you've got a bad attitude. Its not terribly complicated.
Yup you're right again.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #413
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Yes. It was a plated coupe, carb'd car, stripped down to nothing. Ran into the 9's at the track, but felt like you were going to die if you tried to turn too fast on the street on front runners, no sway bar etc. Of course, we're talking the mid 90's too. lol.

Oh yeah, try that with a smaller displacement 4v car rather than 40+ more cubes pushrod motor. lol.

It is unique, I've given you that several times. I've said your car is cool as the other side of the pillow. You aren't hated on. Your smack talk and hypothetical bench racing is what got all this going. You should just stick what you know for sure - 508-525 whatever you want to call it and realize racing is run what you bring. Not pick your races by mod for mod crap. That's silly.

LOL, so not true.

Yeahhh buddddddddy!

I think you're doing all right. Certainly not in much risk of losing races at random meets. Now, TI or DR gtg, might be a lil different. You still have the Dirty Bird to contend with! lmao.

You're the one taking it as an argument. It's a discussion as far as I'm concerned. I gave my opinion on it, you wanted to argue my opinion is wrong.

Exactly.

LMAO@ the 2nd part. You sick in the head, Donnie!

You'll beat most 5.0's around on motor unless they are boosted. Hell, you might even beat a few boosted ones. You and Merlin would be a good race your motor to his blower.

LOL, I tried to tell you to go from a lower roll. I called that one.

Yup. Neon's aint shit from a dig or low roll. But they can shit and get on the big end with the turbo upgrades. Nick got hustled, no biggie. That's street racing. At least he had the balls to give it a shot rather than bench race it to death first to know if it was worthy of his gas or not! lmao.

Got nuts for racing but look like a fool for racing someone with a lot more power. Ahhhhh now I get y'all.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #414
White_lightning

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
We're spoiled these days. Years ago my 93 540rw Cobra was a fast car when most foxes were bolt-on cars running low 13's- mid 12's. Blower cars weren't all that common. Now, hell, if you aren't making at least 1000rw you aren't even competitive with all the street monsters running around the DFW area. lol.

It's all relative bro. Don't take it personally.
my supra was Draggin bitches when it only made ~450 rwhp...
the fact that i have a 1000 hp car and im not even CLOSE to the top of the food chain in DFW is realy a sign.. all the guys who think my car is some uber street monster prove that they are used to playing in the sand box...
Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #415
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Yup you're right again.
LMAO, you're just a ray of sunshine there, Jeff.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #416
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

my supra was Draggin bitches when it only made ~450 rwhp...
the fact that i have a 1000 hp car and im not even CLOSE to the top of the food chain in DFW is realy a sign.. all the guys who think my car is some uber street monster prove that they are used to playing in the sand box...
Yeah 1100-1300 rwhp or whatever your car makes isn't a street monster. Stop being so damn humble about. Sure you're not on top of the food chain but damn man you have a insane vette that all of us would love to own.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #417
Bearded Banger

I will only race Nic ever.

Jeff's build is cool, but IMO the bang for the buck isn't there. Cost too much to pick up so little.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #418
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
I will only race Nic ever.

Jeff's build is cool, but IMO the bang for the buck isn't there. Cost too much to pick up so little.
Ok Gary think about it. A D1 pro charger car with a built engine and fuel system is probably around 12-15k and it will make 700 rwhp maybe a little more. I have the exact same money and ill be at 800 rwhp maybe a little more. So do you really think it cost too much for a little pick up?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #419
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

And without the built engine part, the direct port nitrous kit, stand alone fuel cell. I spent maybe 5-6k on parts and labor and I picked up 140 rwhp from when I'm bone stock NA. That's pretty good if you ask me.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #420
White_lightning

Ok Gary think about it. A D1 pro charger car with a built engine and fuel system is probably around 12-15k and it will make 700 rwhp maybe a little more. I have the exact same money and ill be at 800 rwhp maybe a little more. So do you really think it cost too much for a little pick up?
the difference is after a few hits and you run out of bottle.. your car is now a 500 rwhp car and the D1 guy still has 700 rwhp .. and built motor 700 rwhp????? jesus that pathetic.. the old push rod ls3 cars are making 800 rwhp on Stock motors with an underspun D1.