Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
It's another quote from the movie. Sorry I can quote that movie all day.

-Alex
I guess I don't remember that one.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #17
garner

I'm gonna try what I did for the past 3 years on my trucks. Put the back one on but on the front I just left the little dealer plastic plate thing, so from the front it looks like I just bought it and from the back shows the real plate
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #18
03MachMe

Originally Posted by garner View Post
I'm gonna try what I did for the past 3 years on my trucks. Put the back one on but on the front I just left the little dealer plastic plate thing, so from the front it looks like I just bought it and from the back shows the real plate
If your going to have something there anyway why not just put the plate....

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #19
garner

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
If your going to have something there anyway why not just put the plate....
As weird as it sounds I prefer the look of the dealer things compared to the real plates. Plus it makes me feel like I'm still driving a month old car(same reason I never remove the airbag warning tag on the glovebox)
Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #20
Ear rak

I have yet to be pulled over for no front plate or even asked about it when i was pulled over since owning the car last november. Hell, i've even been pulled over for a license plate bulb out when the cop followed me out of the bar, but he never once asked about no front plate. They don't even ask me about my 5% tinted windows.

Call it luck, but it seems most cops dont care.
2009 Mustang GT 5spd - JLT cai, pypes l/t, o/r x-pipe, SW Retro 3" a/b, FRPP shifter, FRPP k springs, FRPP sway bars, FRPP struts/dampners, FRPP strut tower brace, 4.10 gears, and fancy FRPP valve covers
Ear rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 AM   #21
03MachMe

The law was not enforceable for the past two years due to a goof by the government. They fixed the goof this last session and the law went back into effect September 1st. That's why they didn't say anything.

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
lilbuddy

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
The law was not enforceable for the past two years due to a goof by the government. They fixed the goof this last session and the law went back into effect September 1st. That's why they didn't say anything.
The law was enforceable, not the fine. They put the fine back into the law effective 9/1.
lilbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #23
03MachMe

Originally Posted by lilbuddy View Post
The law was enforceable, not the fine. They put the fine back into the law effective 9/1.
a law cannot be enforced if there is no punishment, there for the law was not enforceable. When trying to change the wording of the law back in 2011 they forgot to put the punishment back into the law, thus making there no punishment for not having a front plate making the law not enforceable. There was still a law on the books that you had to have a front plate but with no punishment a defense attorney could argue that the officer could not enforce that law due to no punishment so if that was the reason for the stop anything found after that would be what is called fruits of the poisonous tree and would then be thrown out as well. This is why most departments advised officers not to use it as cause for a stop until the law was fixed. They fixed it this last legislative session and it now has a punishment, max fine $200.

386rwhp/383rwtq