Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #46
JDMLOL

Default Re: BAMA Ghost Cam Tune, GOOD OR BAD?

Just tried it out on my car, what a joke. Yeah it sounds good, but it's fake and I can already foresee the driveability issues. Stalled at a light after a 15 min spin around town. To top it off, at lights you can just watch the gas needle drop, even on that short of a trip. Uploading the race tune without this faux idle shit and leaving it until I can get a real (dyno) tune.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #47
Toby

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_valve_timing

"VTEC can be considered the first "cam switching" system and is also one of only a few currently in production."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

"A third option is to change the cam timing profile, of which Honda VTEC was the first successful commercial design for altering the profile in real-time."
Call it what you will, Hondas V-tech system is entirely different in every way from the TiVCT system ford uses. Only one fact about them is the same and that is the fact they both use oil pressure to activate the system. Other then that they are polar opposites in how they work and what they affect. I have built more then one of these new 5.0 and a couple Honda motors, I can tell you exactly how each work and what is required for them to make the changes they so in performance and economy.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #48
re-rx7
Banned

The mustang system reminds me of the vvti in the Toyota. The K-series I-Vtec Honda engines are much like the VVTI but can adjust up to 50 degrees either way. You must have tore apart a Bseries.

Last edited by re-rx7; 05-31-2013 at 01:47 PM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote