Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #451
46Tbird

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Base GTs weigh less than 3600 untouched, that's a fact. I've had a few of them on my own scales. You can say telling a lie, whatever else if you want. I'd just focus on there is absolutely no way that car weighs anywhere near what he claims unless he has added a whole lot of weight with useless crap like stereo shit.
Mine weighed right at 3600 on the 20s without me and around a half tank of gas. There's no way Jeff's car is anywhere near 3800 unless he was moving around some gym equipment. Not saying he's lying, it's just that the scales he went to must have been off. Did he not weigh it down at Ennis? All I heard was everyone going on and on about their weight since they had the scales opened up.

Last edited by 46Tbird; 08-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #452
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
I agree, I believe Jeff poked a lot if people and now everyone is loving him not doing good job driving the car. But I can tell you with his wife being as pregnant as she is I can image it's not good time for him to be arguing and getting mad over things as silly as him not driving his car good at the track.

It's getting old on both sides for sure
There is no question about that, not only did he "poke" a lot of people, but he beat the subject to death and took the title of king of 5.0s before his car was even finished. There is NO WAY to make a claim like that then fail to back it up and not expect to get shit back for it. That's just racing, you know this.

I do agree, it's done and over with now. Jeff showed his ass, we've had some laughs over it now we should come together to have fun and help Jeff out. The problem is, as usual he's not reacting well to the ribbing he is getting lashing out attacking people personally. If he'd just laugh it off and get back to racing I have no doubt everyone would support him.

I wish Jeff luck. Every new combo needs to be dialed in. Just expecting to jump in to run a number isn't going to happen. It takes time and practice and I'm sure Jeff will get it done in time.

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Talk a bunch of shit, don't back it up, get called out....seems pretty simple to me. Happens to the best of us.
It's always been that way, always will be. Its a testosterone driven sport. lol

Base GTs weigh less than 3600 untouched, that's a fact. I've had a few of them on my own scales. You can say telling a lie, whatever else if you want. I'd just focus on there is absolutely no way that car weighs anywhere near what he claims unless he has added a whole lot of weight with useless crap like stereo shit.
I'll give Jeff the benefit of the doubt here. If his car isn't 4000lbs with him in it, it's going to be very close to it because he is a big boy. He is like 6'4 280lbs.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #453
KungFuHamster

the scale at Crandall had my car at 3,895 lbs.

The scale at Ennis saturday had it closer to 3,750 lbs.

That's a big difference Which one's right? The carseat was in the car both times.

Also, since this is the callout list, why don't the PA guys post their times and the N/A guys post up their times (edit) from Saturday night(edit) and go from there. I promise, NOBODY has a faster 13 sec timeslip than me

Last edited by KungFuHamster; 08-19-2013 at 11:12 AM.
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #454
kdanner

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
because he is a big boy. He is like 6'4 280lbs.
Almost exactly my size. I'll stick with my prior statements.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #455
kdanner

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post

That's a big difference Which one's right? The carseat was in the car both times.
I don't know, what's the car, how is it equipped, non stock items, how much do you weigh?
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #456
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Also, since this is the callout list, why don't the PA guys post their times and the N/A guys post up their times and go from there....
Should have done this before making the list.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #457
KungFuHamster

I don't know, what's the car, how is it equipped, non stock items, how much do you weigh?
2011 GT. Fully equipped (leather/power seat) standard shift, 19 in rims/tires all the way around.

I race the car in full street trim. I leave all the crap (includding car seat) in the car.

My car was the grabber blue with black rims out there Saturday night.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #458
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Should have done this before making the list.
The world's biggest DUH to that. Initial ranking should have been based on timeslips only - not rumor or theory or buddy system. If you'd never gotten a timeslip, then you wouldn't have been ranked. Seems pretty simple to me, but the board sure has gotten a lot of traffic over the drama.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #459
blownaltered
I have a small penis

We need a fast fox body list that way I can be on a list. I hardly ever race so I sound like all the other lists.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #460
Courtesy Flush

So did anyone move rank Saturday evening?
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #461
KungFuHamster

I think Saturday should serve as a baseline for the list(s). Then when (if) anyone races someone on said list on the street, then it's whoever finishes first. Naturally if they agree to run at the track, I would suggest an actual grudge race where all we see is a win light, because that's all that matters anyways.

I say the Nitrous guys should make the choice to either run with or without the squeeze and choose a list. Or if yall prefer they can dual hat and get on both since they have that option.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #462
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
So did anyone move rank Saturday evening?
Solid question. Let's get back on topic here.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #463
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Jeff claims he weigh it at 3878lb and that is not with Jeff in it. So if this is the case and Jeff gets in since the car will not drive it's self it is over 4000lb.

Now are you saying your friend is telling a lie? Jeff does a lot on the Internet I would chose to do differently but to say is flat out lying is pretty serious.
Not saying my friend is lying but that he used a very inaccurate scale
Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #464
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
There is no question about that, not only did he "poke" a lot of people, but he beat the subject to death and took the title of king of 5.0s before his car was even finished. There is NO WAY to make a claim like that then fail to back it up and not expect to get shit back for it. That's just racing, you know this.

I do agree, it's done and over with now. Jeff showed his ass, we've had some laughs over it now we should come together to have fun and help Jeff out. The problem is, as usual he's not reacting well to the ribbing he is getting lashing out attacking people personally. If he'd just laugh it off and get back to racing I have no doubt everyone would support him.

I wish Jeff luck. Every new combo needs to be dialed in. Just expecting to jump in to run a number isn't going to happen. It takes time and practice and I'm sure Jeff will get it done in time.

It's always been that way, always will be. Its a testosterone driven sport. lol

I'll give Jeff the benefit of the doubt here. If his car isn't 4000lbs with him in it, it's going to be very close to it because he is a big boy. He is like 6'4 280lbs.
Clint drove his car so remove 130 lbs right there
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #465
Yagermeister

Also, since this is the callout list, why don't the PA guys post their times and the N/A guys post up their times (edit) from Saturday night(edit) and go from there. I promise, NOBODY has a faster 13 sec timeslip than me
Gas is ~6lbs per gallon if I remember plus how much windshield washer fluid did you have? These amounts could sway your weight 60 or more lbs