Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #586
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
It's only whining from a few people
As always...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #587
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I was only whining about no activity.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #588
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I was only whining about no activity.
Not you.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #589
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Not you.
What he said ^^
Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #590
Yagermeister

DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #591
DirtyD

DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!
Yeah, sorry. Just keep forgetting to do so when I'm online and not on my phone.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #592
Yagermeister

No problemo!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #593
DirtyD

No problemo!
Changed. :bowdown:
Old 09-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #594
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.
Not all of us... Junkie, Steve, 46TBird, myself etc race on street and do just fine down the track. But I see where you were going with the comment.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #595
Yagermeister

Even the guys up in Oklahoma race from a dig even though they are on the street. So does BoostedGT in Fort Worth and these guys are sub 5 sec cars in the 1/8th
Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #596
blownaltered
I have a small penis

from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.
your car makes 25hp so it doesn't stand a chance anyways
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #597
KungFuHamster

For the most part this is true. Roll racing does not involve a lot of driver skill.

However, I will say that because I leave a lot of ET on the track doesn't necessarily mean I'm a shitty driver. I, like others, can't afford to break my tranny (or anything else), so I granny shift it. I'm on stock tires.

But I'm also more comfortable on the street and racing on the street is a completely different animal. Also, I race at the track like I do on the street (i.e. I leave the baby seat in, I don't mess with tire pressure...I make NO changes to the car).
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I don't race my car much, this is true...but apparently I know it well enough to run within .005 second in a stick car.

This whole list thing has gotten foolish. I was going to throw my name in the hat and try to have some fun with it, but it would seem like its too much of a hassle.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #598
blownaltered
I have a small penis

My car won't be going down the drag strip because its a convertible. Anything faster than a 13.49 and I have to have a cage. I'm not putting a cage in my car, its to damn nice of a car to put a stupid cage in. So the only pulls I get are in Mexico but then again I really don't do that often unless its me and Steve screwing around.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #599
Midnight11
El Presidente

Someone come get some Friday night

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #600
wbt

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?
I was following you until the quoted statement.

So let's say for example I have drag radials on my car at all times. (Which I do. Both sets of tires I use [DD and track] are DOT legal.) I am out running an errand and you pull up next to me at a light and I entertain your offer to race.

Do you honestly think you car is going to get better traction on an all season radial vs. the drag radial I am on? Maybe in the rain.

Do you think you are going to get better traction on the street from a dig vs. at the track?

Do you think because on the street your car is going to gain some magical advantage?

I could care less about street racing but your post contains some highly illogical reasoning. Is Jeff posting under your account?
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote