Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
re-rx7
Banned

Ive rode in V's. Just not for me. I like the G8 better.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
I don't make it to too many meets, and when I do I have my 10 year old with me, but we are going to try to make it to more. At the heart of it we are car people, a car is more to us than basic transportation, because of that we get attached to our beliefs, opinions, and preferences. And when we express them we like to feel the other people heard them, on line you can't see that. I have never known 2 adult car guys to not get along, even if one rolls up in an srt8 and one a cts-v.. oh we will troll the shit out of each other but still laugh it off at the end.

Steve, ever the adult and voice of reason. .. Don't believe me? All Old Response People Drive Caddies!!!
Amen, bro. I agree completely. The car hobby is at the core of what this country is about, freedom and self expression. When the guys came from WWII, they needed a way to still get their thrills and relieve their stress (now known as PTSD). Industry was booming, the mechanics went to work at factories and started tinkering with cars.

While we all have our favorites or preferences, (some blindly so) the hobby as a whole binds us together. We all love cars and everything about them. I'm all for it bringing people together, but to tear people apart soley based on brand is nonsense.

And I'm okay with getting old. The V was the perfect way to start my mid-life crisis! lol

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Everyone defending gm on here but drive mustangs lolololo
I own both, therefor I'm qualified to comment on the situation.

I love my 5.0, but unfortunately it's not a good fit for me at my current stage of my life with kids. I enjoy cruising with my family and the 5.0 doesn't work for that.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I have a mustang and a chevy truck so I can do both. I'm not buying a new mustang in a couple years, I'm getting a vette. After riding in Steve's V, I would rather have that, then the new mustang. You can sit on you soap box screaming about how great ford is but I have had many vehicles built by both. I can tell you all my chevy vehicles have been just as good as my fords. Only difference my chevy's always got better gas mileage.
Amen!

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Ive rode in V's. Just not for me. I like the G8 better.
I'm don't get how, but it's each to their own.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
Crimson600+HP

Same here, I have the Mustang and a Toyota Tundra tows it. Honestly, if Toyota threw that 5.7 V8 in a RWD sports car that was halfway decent, I would be driving that.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Same here, I have the Mustang and a Toyota Tundra tows it. Honestly, if Toyota threw that 5.7 V8 in a RWD sports car that was halfway decent, I would be driving that.
Nothing wrong that at all. That motor is made right here in the U.S of A.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote