Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #46
zemog255

I completely agree with what you're saying and being able to 100% put them at fault won't happen at this point.

Lets look at the facts:
Car ran and drove just fine on the dyno.
Swapped the injectors
Motor turned over twice then locked.

It wasn't ran hard then shut down, just a simple pull in from the parking lot and drove on to the dyno and turned off. How does that sound like stress due to power or parts being defective? Possible sure but that seems way to coincidental for me. If he pulled into his garage at home and then the next day went out to his car and the motor locked then sure lets blame it on parts or abuse.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #47
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by zemog255 View Post
I completely agree with what you're saying and being able to 100% put them at fault won't happen at this point.

Lets look at the facts:
Car ran and drove just fine on the dyno.
Swapped the injectors
Motor turned over twice then locked.

It wasn't ran hard then shut down, just a simple pull in from the parking lot and drove on to the dyno and turned off. How does that sound like stress due to power or parts being defective? Possible sure but that seems way to coincidental for me. If he pulled into his garage at home and then the next day went out to his car and the motor locked then sure lets blame it on parts or abuse.
Sometimes there are no simple answers in life. Shit happens and sometimes knowbody knows why. I've had more than one fast car and race car so I've seen some weird stuff. I've run faster with two blown head gaskets and three popped pistons then I did the week before when the motor was perfect. Actually raced it for about a month before I figured out something was wrong. So if I can run 5.15's every pass with a screwed motor ( of course this was a race built balanced motor ), I can assume that a ford production motor could pop for no reason. Its part of going fast, you got to pay to play.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #48
46Tbird

So has anyone taken a close look at the new injectors to see if one is stuck?
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #49
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
So has anyone taken a close look at the new injectors to see if one is stuck?
The OP is allergic to wrenches.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #50
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Wow, shops just can't win on the internet.....

I'm not going to go into a long disscution on this because the flames are just going to get fueled.

Car was pulled in, fuel lines removed, injectors/rails were removed, new injectors installed, plugs were pulled, (plugs to be gapped for more nitrous) plugs reinstalled, fuel lines reinstalled. Tried starting car and and motor turned over two times then "clunk" we checked starter then decided to turn motor over by hand to check the flywheel to see if a piece had broke off. Motor would not budge. We pulled plugs again to check for a leaky injector, all cylinders were dry. Pulled valve covers to check timing chains/guides ect. All turned out just fine. Customer said he wants to pull the motor at this point and stroke it, and port heads. So we pulled the motor...... advised customer of what we have found.

Also I have been in contact with the two ford dealership we do business with (bob tomes and five star) bob tomes has had 3 motors with bent rods (two 2012 and one 2013) and five star has had one 2012.

Both of these dealers tell me that there customers had similar stories. Car ran and drove great. Next thing they know the car wont start......

There are other storie on the Internet of 5.0's and boss mustangs have similar issues.

here is a link to another site with 5.0s locking up

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t294722/

I'm sure we can not get all the Internet mechanics to believe us or the other car forums that are having similar issues with the 5.0's locking up but we have worked a special deal with the customer that he is happy with.

Last edited by TrueStreetMotorSports.com; 12-18-2012 at 12:30 AM.
TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #51
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Wow, shops just can't win on the internet.....

I'm not going to go into a long disscution on this because the flames are just going to get fueled.

Car was pulled in, fuel lines removed, injectors/rails were removed, new injectors installed, plugs were pulled, (plugs to be gapped for more nitrous) plugs reinstalled, fuel lines reinstalled. Tried starting car and and motor turned over two times then "clunk" we checked starter then decided to turn motor over by hand to check the flywheel to see if a piece had broke off. Motor would not budge. We pulled plugs again to check for a leaky injector, all cylinders were dry. Pulled valve covers to check timing chains/guides ect. All turned out just fine. Customer said he wants to pull the motor at this point and stroke it, and port heads. So we pulled the motor...... advised customer of what we have found.

Also I have been in contact with the two ford dealership we do business with (bob tomes and five star) bob tomes has had 3 motors with bent rods (two 2012 and one 2013) and five star has had one 2012.

Both of these dealers tell me that there customers had similar stories. Car ran and drove great. Next thing they know the car wont start......

There are other storie on the Internet of 5.0's and boss mustangs have similar issues.

here is a link to another site with 5.0s locking up

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t294722/

I'm sure we can not get all the Internet mechanics to believe us or the other car forums that are having similar issues with the 5.0's locking up but we have worked a special deal with the customer that he is happy with.
Yes I am very happy with the way TS is handling this situation. I know the guys at TS are good guys and I know they won't do me wrong. Can't wait till everything gets rolling.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #52
Toby

What blows my mind, is the amount of guys that pull injectors out allowing fuel to spill all over a hot engine. Any time myself or anyone at ts replaces injectors, the lines are disconnected with a rag wrapped around it to soak any fuel that might leak. The rails are then removed with injectors intact via the clips provided by ford. The rails are then taken to a bench where the new injectors are lubed and reinstalled along with the safety clips and the rails are reinstalled with very little to no fuel spilled especially on a hot engine. It takes maybe 2 minutes more to remove the rails vs not removing the rails...
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #53
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
What blows my mind, is the amount of guys that pull injectors out allowing fuel to spill all over a hot engine. Any time myself or anyone at ts replaces injectors, the lines are disconnected with a rag wrapped around it to soak any fuel that might leak. The rails are then removed with injectors intact via the clips provided by ford. The rails are then taken to a bench where the new injectors are lubed and reinstalled along with the safety clips and the rails are reinstalled with very little to no fuel spilled especially on a hot engine. It takes maybe 2 minutes more to remove the rails vs not removing the rails...
Hey I make sure it's cold. I don't want to set my car on fire like a different shop did to my old mustang.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #54
Toby

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Hey I make sure it's cold. I don't want to set my car on fire like a different shop did to my old mustang.
It's one thing to do it to your own car in your garage, that is your business. But these guys on svt claim to work at a shop. That shows the integrity of them. We pride ourselves on trying to do the best job we can with 0 corners cut just to save 2 minutes.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #55
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
It's one thing to do it to your own car in your garage, that is your business. But these guys on svt claim to work at a shop. That shows the integrity of them. We pride ourselves on trying to do the best job we can with 0 corners cut just to save 2 minutes.
You didnt know everybody is a mechanical engineer on the Internet. That's the bad thing about it, you get your name dragged through the mud and they don't have a clue. To me as long as the customer is happy with the service he is getting then that is all that matters.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #56
STROKD
Old School

I used to have more fuel in my 86 than a gd diesel motor would use 8-1 AF easily... I never bent a rod or locked up the motor.

If these new rods are that damn pathetic, Ill never own one. Cant afford a 30-40K car and have to spend 10 grand on a motor so it wont blow up, and screw leaving it stock for warranty.