Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #46
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
You can get a normal sized two post lift and instillation for not much more than that. The only down side is you need 12' ceilings if I remember correctly
Unless you're midget or like working in the squatting position.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #47
GTRacerX

You can get a normal sized two post lift and instillation for not much more than that. The only down side is you need 12' ceilings if I remember correctly
Yea my ceilings in my garage I have now are like 10 3/4 or something like that....otherwise I would just use the garage space I have now.
GTRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #48
Smurf50

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What I think is bullshit about some HOA's is that some will look for any reason they can to collect revenue from homeowners. A friend of mine would get fines all the time for putting his trash cans out too early. He worked third shift and wasn't home in time for it to go out when they wanted him to do it. It went to the point where they threatened to put a lien on his house. I had no idea that an HOA could take your home. That's why it's so important to read every rule and by-law before signing with a HOA.
My parents HOA is like that. One of the rules is NO GOLF CARTS...but yet one of the guys on the HOA lets his kids ride around in a golf cart all day long. Another rule? No painted driveways....which of course said asshole painted his black...

My parents have gotten notices for the stupidest things, one of which required them to scale the fence BEHIND the house to take a picture of....

When they put a lien on your house, they cannot "take" your house. Basically they just impose a fine that is required to be paid before you can sell the house. I know people who have gotten notices to pay fines, called em and told em to put a lien on it, they weren't moving for 20 years
Smurf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #49
Luke

Originally Posted by GTRacerX View Post
Ok so let me ask this. What are the must haves in "your version" of a perfect garage/man cave? Mine would be (space providing)
Wall mounted Flat Screen
2 Post Lift
Pool Table
Couch
Tools for working on the car
Cabinets for storage
Toolbox(s)
And last but not least a small bar area
I'm simple. I'd just like to have a lift, good lighting, somewhere to hide the air compressor to limit noise, a decent size tv, good sounding stereo and a large fridge. Depending on if it's a shop separate from the house I'd want plumbing for a shitter and sink.

They make some a little taller than the mobile one that would still fit in a typical home garage. Instead of having the crossbar at the top it just has a strip running across the ground to the posts. I want to say it's priced about the same as the rest though, and you'd still be limited by the 10 ft. ceiling.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #50
Dan12GT

So since we are on the garage talk i'd like some opinions / suggestions. My wife and I are about to close on a house in Roanoke and I am trying to plan out the garage. The garage is 20x22 if I recall, i'd have to re-measure / check the documents again to know the exact measurements. It's basically a typical 2 car single door garage. We added the additional 2 feet of depth for some extra space. I won't have the money to make it into a man cave from the start so it will be a work in progress as the years progress.

The main initial items I want to address are floor coatings, a good sized air compressor, and work bench. I figured I'd do the floor right after we close while it is clean / empty and has time to cure. I've had friends that have done the do-it-yourself kits and their floors turned out great. Anyone have suggestions on what kits to buy and from where? Any technical details to know?

The work bench I will do probably a bit later when I know how big I can go. I've really been thinking of just building my own bench really.

Air Compressor would be next. I have a good amount of garage attic so moving the compressor up there and running the lines down is probably where I will go with that. Any suggestions on brands / sizes, etc?

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #51
Luke

My parents did the garage floor at our old house when it was brand new, cleanliness is obviously a huge deal. It held up pretty well until he dropped a head which chipped it a little, from there it just started to peel pretty badly. I'm pretty sure they just went to Home Depot or Lowe's.

I can't really help you with the rest but if we're ever at a gtg after June at the same time I can get you a discount at Lowe's or HD if there's one close. Depending on the price of the compressor it can help quite a bit.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #52
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
My parents did the garage floor at our old house when it was brand new, cleanliness is obviously a huge deal. It held up pretty well until he dropped a head which chipped it a little, from there it just started to peel pretty badly. I'm pretty sure they just went to Home Depot or Lowe's.

I can't really help you with the rest but if we're ever at a gtg after June at the same time I can get you a discount at Lowe's or HD if there's one close. Depending on the price of the compressor it can help quite a bit.
Nice! I'll have to keep that in mind for sure thanks!

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote