Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Yeah we figured it wasn't something they enforce as long as you don't just leave it open or are working out of it. We were wrong, he'd get notices about the most minor BS.
I mean there are alot of reason to leave your garage open over the course of a day. Mowing lawn, washing waxing car, working on car (chemicals, air flow blah) sounds like BS.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
03MachMe

My in laws is even worse. Can not park a car in the driveway overnight unless you have a visitor pass on it . That means you have to park your cars in the garage at all times. Can not do any additions to the house unless approved by the hoa. Lots and lots of other bs too. They even have their neighborhood "security" That has radar guns and will try to pull you over with there little orange overhead lights if you speed. Had one follow me from the entrance all the way to my in laws house because I rolled a stop sign that wasn't installed by the state there for can not be enforced. I laughed.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
My in laws is even worse. Can not park a car in the driveway overnight unless you have a visitor pass on it . That means you have to park your cars in the garage at all times. Can not do any additions to the house unless approved by the hoa. Lots and lots of other bs too. They even have their neighborhood "security" That has radar guns and will try to pull you over with there little orange overhead lights if you speed. Had one follow me from the entrance all the way to my in laws house because I rolled a stop sign that wasn't installed by the state there for can not be enforced. I laughed.
Told him to fuck off. thats just rediculous. I can understand keeping your lawn mowed, cleaned, and green but where you can park in your own driveway. Sheesh!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
Luke

They'd kick me out of the neighborhood. I keep my yard nice but the car thing would kill me, hell I can't even fit my Bronco in the garage if I wanted to. Next house I'll be looking for about an acre so the HOA thing won't be as bad (I hope), I can keep the toys in the shop.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
JAred at RK has pretty neat setup in his house. Im kinda jelly...of the cave.
LOL, do you know what the problem is with Jared's garage is? He doesn't own it.

Granted, he's made it look nice, but it's not functional for a car guy who works on his own car. He doesn't work on his own car so it's okay for him to set it up more as a showpiece/gameroom type deal.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
Luke

Pics? And I'm with Steve on this, if I can't work out of it the garage is useless to me. A creeper and jack stands is my shop of choice, I get great deals on labor rates.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Agreed. The HOA at my parents' place kept quiet unless things got out of hand. A buddy of mine's HOA is definitely the Nazi type, they have a "garage door only open for 2 hours a day" rule and they will stick to that shit!
Yeah, that wouldn't go over well with me either. I like hanging out in my garage when I can and definetly will more with my next one.

Haha, wow. I wish I could have seen the look on that guards face.

Some HOA's like the one Ryan here is talking about are definetly over the top. They tell you what you can and can't plant, where to park etc. No cars that don't look clean like no primered cars or anything under construction. Can't change your oil in the driveway. Hell, some even check for cars with expired stickers in the windshields even if they are parked in your driveway! Law enforcement can't even do that!!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
Luke

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hell, some even check for cars with expired stickers in the windshields even if they are parked in your driveway! Law enforcement can't even do that!!
Are you sure? I got 4 notices on my Bronco for my tags saying they would write a ticket if I didn't get current ones or put it in the garage. Maybe it's a city ordinance, or maybe that's why I only got notices, but if that's true I would have let it sit like that for longer had I known.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Are you sure? I got 4 notices on my Bronco for my tags saying they would write a ticket if I didn't get current ones or put it in the garage. Maybe it's a city ordinance, or maybe that's why I only got notices, but if that's true I would have let it sit like that for longer had I known.
Ryan would know the technicalities of it better, but a friend of mine had his Dad's rusted out old Stang on the side of the house for years. They got notices on a fairly regular basis. But it was because the car was visable from from the street. They either had to put up a fence or drag it to the back of the property. Each city has their own ways of dealing with it. As a rule, law enforcement will not just randomly go door to door checking stickers like some strict HOA's will just looking for revenue.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #25
re-rx7
Banned

LOL, do you know what the problem is with Jared's garage is? He doesn't own it.

Granted, he's made it look nice, but it's not functional for a car guy who works on his own car. He doesn't work on his own car so it's okay for him to set it up more as a showpiece/gameroom type deal.
GD POINT.
Pics? And I'm with Steve on this, if I can't work out of it the garage is useless to me. A creeper and jack stands is my shop of choice, I get great deals on labor rates.
I agree.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
Luke

Ryan would know the technicalities of it better, but a friend of mine had his Dad's rusted out old Stang on the side of the house for years. They got notices on a fairly regular basis. But it was because the car was visable from from the street. They either had to put up a fence or drag it to the back of the property. Each city has their own ways of dealing with it. As a rule, law enforcement will not just randomly go door to door checking stickers like some strict HOA's will just looking for revenue.
I'll have to check into it but at this point it's current again and I actually drive it now so it will be kept that way. It was 2012 and the tags were from '08, lol.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
Grandpa
I> /\/\

What I think is bullshit about some HOA's is that some will look for any reason they can to collect revenue from homeowners. A friend of mine would get fines all the time for putting his trash cans out too early. He worked third shift and wasn't home in time for it to go out when they wanted him to do it. It went to the point where they threatened to put a lien on his house. I had no idea that an HOA could take your home. That's why it's so important to read every rule and by-law before signing with a HOA.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
re-rx7
Banned

What I think is bullshit about some HOA's is that some will look for any reason they can to collect revenue from homeowners. A friend of mine would get fines all the time for putting his trash cans out too early. He worked third shift and wasn't home in time for it to go out when they wanted him to do it. It went to the point where they threatened to put a lien on his house. I had no idea that an HOA could take your home. That's why it's so important to read every rule and by-law before signing with a HOA.
Bitch can try.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #29
Luke

Haha, my buddy suffered the trash can thing as well. I think his got to the point where they just didn't like him and wanted him to leave. IIRC he had a confrontation with whoever heads it up in his neighborhood.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #30
GTRacerX

Wow couldn't imagine living in a neighborhood that had that strict of HOA rules. They would have to kick me out lol.
GTRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote