Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #46
re-rx7
Banned

Tellin y'all give my guy a shot. Lil bit of a drive but they get shit done.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #47
Bacadiesel

Don't know if anyone cares but just got another update on my Trans. They rebuilt it once again and still whining so ford authorized a new unit. The weird thing is they got the new unit in like 2 days, idk if I believe this. I think what they are doing is removing one from a car on the lot and installing it on mine. I've done that before when I worked for dodge because some stuff was on intergalactic back order for like a month. Service advisor said it may be ready late this week. I'm excited, its been about 40 days since I last saw my car.
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #48
Crimson600+HP

Let's hope that is not what they are doing (for the sake of a future owner). Either way here is to hoping your baby gets back to you this week in top shape!
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #49
DirtyD

Awesome man! Glad you are finally getting it back! Hopefully they did get a new unit from Ford.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:36 AM   #50
my95z28

Glad that you are getting a new trans! I have to say, if I was without a car for 40 days I would be throwing a shit fit!
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:44 AM   #51
five.slow

Fuck all that I just traded the car in lol. When my tires get worn I'm gonna trade it in for another car lol.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #52
ThunderkissGT14

i wonder if you guys are talking about the same issue i brought up with autonation after about 500 miles on my 14. First and second gear taking off real slow and easy, you get a grinding clunky noise from underneath...sounds kinda like a garbage truck. Took it in and complained about it. jumped in another 14 same 3.55 ratio with 5 miles didn't do it. They got intouch with ford and got a response back that its "gear lash" and common with MT82 and is considered normal by them. So i ask what about the other 14 that doesnt do it?

"well after enough miles it will". pffft.

so for now i either turn up my radio or was told by them to change my driving habits to reduce said noise. and by that they mean rev it higher before releasing clutch and taking off faster everywhere i go. PFfft. fuck that, i baby my car 90% of the time.

still not happy with the apathy though.

and all i can do from here is hope passengers dont notice or ask about my awesome new muscle car making weird noises and that the actual cause of the grinding noise doesn't mean something somewhere isn't jiving like it should and will mean problems down the road for me.
ThunderkissGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #53
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by ThunderkissGT14 View Post
i wonder if you guys are talking about the same issue i brought up with autonation after about 500 miles on my 14. First and second gear taking off real slow and easy, you get a grinding clunky noise from underneath...sounds kinda like a garbage truck. Took it in and complained about it. jumped in another 14 same 3.55 ratio with 5 miles didn't do it. They got intouch with ford and got a response back that its "gear lash" and common with MT82 and is considered normal by them. So i ask what about the other 14 that doesnt do it?

"well after enough miles it will". pffft.

so for now i either turn up my radio or was told by them to change my driving habits to reduce said noise. and by that they mean rev it higher before releasing clutch and taking off faster everywhere i go. PFfft. fuck that, i baby my car 90% of the time.

still not happy with the apathy though.

and all i can do from here is hope passengers dont notice or ask about my awesome new muscle car making weird noises and that the actual cause of the grinding noise doesn't mean something somewhere isn't jiving like it should and will mean problems down the road for me.
Take it to another stealership. Transmissions are not supposed to sound broken unless they are broken.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #54
NZERO21

I understand what you are talking about and I took mine to Autonation as well. However, I had a much different experience. They only took about a week to work on mine and I had an opportunity to explain to them the same issue with 1st and 2nd gear being too slow. The transmission mechanic was cool enough to call me up and let me know exactly what he ended up doing. In the end, he re-flashed the software and replaced some bearings. When I got the car back, my brother (who had driven the car as well) and I noticed a huge difference. The pickup was much better on 1st and 2nd gear and did not lag! The only downside is that I did notice that my MPG on my screen was lower before the re-falsh on a full tank. Oh well, I did not buy the car for MPG even though I was in the market for one when I bought the Mustang. Go figure. lol.

Last edited by NZERO21; 01-17-2014 at 10:16 PM.
NZERO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #55
ThunderkissGT14

hmm... i dunno autonation gives me the fuckin run around. How does taking it to other dealerships work? dont they want you to take it to the one you bought it from?

and when you say lag, did you have a auto or something? i feels and functions like normal i suppose, but it does make noise.
ThunderkissGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #56
Bacadiesel

Mine was just whining like a supercharger in all forward gears except 5th
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #57
jng2985

Originally Posted by ThunderkissGT14 View Post
hmm... i dunno autonation gives me the fuckin run around. How does taking it to other dealerships work? dont they want you to take it to the one you bought it from?

and when you say lag, did you have a auto or something? i feels and functions like normal i suppose, but it does make noise.
Take it to whatever dealer you want. I purchased mine at 5star in Carrollton, after a service advisor there not being able to answer a single question I would ask... I went to grapevine. Car is there now for multiple issues engine/tranny/axle and so far I have been nothing but pleased.
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote