Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Toby

It's one thing to meet certain requirements, but it is another to exceed those requirements. Yes you are correct, the oil molecules do not wear out, but the additives do. And its those additives in pennsoil that cause the sludging and problems I have personally seen many many times first hand.

At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion. Personally I have run nothing but mobil 1, valvoline and motorcraft with 0 issues. The oil is always in good shape(for used oil) when I change it, every engine I have torn down after using these oils have shown little to no sign of abnormal wear. The engine in my mustang now, I removed it with the intensions of a coyote swap. While the engine was out I checked the bearings out before trying to sell it, and they looked just as new as when i had installed them 5k extremely hard miles ago. I ended up putting a smaller cam and putting the motor back in the car for now and it runs great, makes 80 lbs of oil pressure. I run mobil 1 10w-40 in it with a motorcraft filter.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote