Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #76
04sleeper
King of the Multi-quotes

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
I really enjoy driving a manual. For me, it was more about the 6r80 being a better transmission than the mt82. Like mentioned above, I knew I wouldn't have to put a clutch in it or worry about breaking it. Hell, I even picked the power adder that was most suited to not having to mess with it ( add a converter) etc. If they offered a bullet proof manual with a perfect clutch, I probably would have chosen it instead.
Pretty much this.

If the mt82 wasn't such a piece of shit compared to the 6R80, I might have gone with it.

Just the fact is that the 6R80 is so much better than the mt82 I couldn't see buying a car knowing it had a piece if shit trans.

No new shifter, bushings, hoses, clutch, etc.... You shouldn't have to dump thousands into a trans to make it work or hold power.
04sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #77
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 04sleeper View Post
No new shifter, bushings, hoses, clutch, etc.... You shouldn't have to dump thousands into a trans to make it work or hold power.
You seemed to have already forgot these cars are complete turds in NA form. lmao.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #78
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You seemed to have already forgot these cars are complete turds in NA form. lmao.

Compared to what? All the 1000hp "street" cars around here?
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #79
JDMLOL

I love this site, but I really hate seeing comments similar to this one so frequently. Must we constantly reiterate the fact these cars are complete shit compared to 1000 hp cars? Most production cars can't hold a candle to our cars much less a 1000 hp one.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #80
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I love this site, but I really hate seeing comments similar to this one so frequently. Must we constantly reiterate the fact these cars are complete shit compared to 1000 hp cars? Most production cars can't hold a candle to our cars much less a 1000 hp one.
It's an inside joke, relax.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #81
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

All cars with TF wheels are complete turds NA.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #82
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
All cars with TF wheels are complete turds NA.
Ain't that the damn truth!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #83
BERT
I love tube socks

Ain't that the damn truth!

Are you and your turd going to be out there Friday night?
Old 11-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #84
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Are you and your turd going to be out there Friday night?
There is some pretty cool races being talked about and I haven't been out in awhile so I'm considering it. I know there was a decent turnout last week from some of the DR group, but not many Stangers. I need to get out and attempt to be social again. After all this rain going for a drive sounds like a nice needed break.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #85
BERT
I love tube socks

There is some pretty cool races being talked about and I haven't been out in awhile so I'm considering it. I know there was a decent turnout last week from some of the DR group, but not many Stangers. I need to get out and attempt to be social again. After all this rain going for a drive sounds like a nice needed break.

Thought you were going out there last Friday? Let me know if you go, i'm going to try and make it out. Don't know how long i'll stay, I don't like cold weather lol
Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #86
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Thought you were going out there last Friday? Let me know if you go, i'm going to try and make it out. Don't know how long i'll stay, I don't like cold weather lol
I was going to, but my plans got changed for me. I didn't have much say in it.

I love the cool weather, its WAY better than that insane heat we get here in Texas. It's not miserably cold yet, but I'm sure that will be here before long. I hope to make it out Friday night because this weekend is filled with family stuff again.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #87
BERT
I love tube socks

I was going to, but my plans got changed for me. I didn't have much say in it.

I love the cool weather, its WAY better than that insane heat we get here in Texas. It's not miserably cold yet, but I'm sure that will be here before long. I hope to make it out Friday night because this weekend is filled with family stuff again.

LOL, ok. I'll let you know Friday what I'm doing.