Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
DirtyD

Default Scion Drag-'N-Brag @ TMS

Any one ever go out to this event? I went to one race last summer, but as a spectator. Just curious if any one else finds it worthwhile. There were a decent # of 5.0s out last year from what I saw. Including a Vortech/Paxton P1-SC V6 with 630 at the wheels. LOL
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It would have to be something really, really cool to get me out to the track in this crazy heat we are having now.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
DirtyD

Have you never heard of it, Steve? It's not a bad deal. Basically they open up pit road for drag racing events. You compete in a class depending on type of car, and what mods you have done to it. Each week you gather points that eventually result in someone winning each class at the end of the summer. You don't have to competer for points, but it's an option. They also have a car show prior to the races on the track infield. Everyone that participates in the show then takes a lap around the track before racing starts. I can't remember the prices, but I want to say it's $15 for the "Show and Shine", $20 for racing. Those were the old prices, so they may have changed. Helmets are required.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Have you never heard of it, Steve? It's not a bad deal. Basically they open up pit road for drag racing events. You compete in a class depending on type of car, and what mods you have done to it. Each week you gather points that eventually result in someone winning each class at the end of the summer. You don't have to competer for points, but it's an option. They also have a car show prior to the races on the track infield. Everyone that participates in the show then takes a lap around the track before racing starts. I can't remember the prices, but I want to say it's $15 for the "Show and Shine", $20 for racing. Those were the old prices, so they may have changed. Helmets are required.
I remember it being vaguely mentioned before, but admittingly I don't know very much about it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote