Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #31
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Yes, B5 S4.

traded an MS3 for the mustang in 2011.
THe weight will be down is the reasoning behind staying FWD. The car will also have LSD.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #32
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
He didn't quote your post, Brandon.
SO?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #33
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
After financing, taxes and interest, it's a $40k car. I know the bottom line isn't your strong suit, but you have to be real here. lol
Everything financed has a bottom line. When my house is paid for itll cost me over 350 grand. Is it a 350 k house? No its a gd 200 k house. Same goes for cars and everything in life that isnt paid cash for. Same thing can also be said for a new Mustang etc, you cant add that and taxes in to the total because its just part of the deal. I mean you can but its not comparing apples. I personally think this car is worth 34 k. A new Mustang not so much.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #34
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Everything financed has a bottom line. When my house is paid for itll cost me over 350 grand. Is it a 350 k house? No its a gd 200 k house. Same goes for cars and everything in life that isnt paid cash for. Same thing can also be said for a new Mustang etc, you cant add that and taxes in to the total because its just part of the deal. I mean you can but its not comparing apples. I personally think this car is worth 34 k. A new Mustang not so much.
The market maybe 200k, but if you pay 350k for the house, then that is what it cost you. Same for the car. If the car is 34k, but it costs you $40k due to everything added on to it, then it cost you 40k. If you have to finance the car, it's no longer 34k. You wouldn't be able to leave the dealership with it without the added expenses to the car unless you pay cash. It's pretty black and white.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #35
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
And that's a problem?
I dont see it as a problem. Steve and I are in different worlds, he acts like my grandparents about buying cars,and thats cool, but I dont keep cars forever, I fucken HATE selling cars to lowballing pricks because everyone thinks they are Richard Rawlings, so I prefer to lease a daily car so Im not stuck with it or fucked being upside down. Case in point, my CC is worth about 14 grand and I owe 18... in 4 months I wont owe a gd thing because Im giving it back to VW... just saved about 4 grand after payments...

All that said, leasing this car wikk be at LEAST 300/mo cheaper than leasing a similar sticker priced Mustang... thats about 11 grand i save in 3 years in payments...
Old 04-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #36
STROKD
Old School

The market maybe 200k, but if you pay 350k for the house, then that is what it cost you. Same for the car. If the car is 34k, but it costs you $40k due to everything added on to it, then it cost you 40k. If you have to finance the car, it's no longer 34k. You wouldn't be able to leave the dealership with it without the added expenses to the car unless you pay cash. It's pretty black and white.
Spin it how you wish, ts a 34 k sticker car. Thats what Dom and everyone posting asked...
Old 04-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #37
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Actually yea...

All depends
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #38
BERT
I love tube socks

I dont see it as a problem. Steve and I are in different worlds,..

It's not just with you LMAO

but you know that already
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I dont see it as a problem. Steve and I are in different worlds, he acts like my grandparents about buying cars,and thats cool, but I dont keep cars forever, I fucken HATE selling cars to lowballing pricks because everyone thinks they are Richard Rawlings, so I prefer to lease a daily car so Im not stuck with it or fucked being upside down. Case in point, my CC is worth about 14 grand and I owe 18... in 4 months I wont owe a gd thing because Im giving it back to VW... just saved about 4 grand after payments...

All that said, leasing this car wikk be at LEAST 300/mo cheaper than leasing a similar sticker priced Mustang... thats about 11 grand i save in 3 years in payments...
I hate debt, even more so I hate wasting money. As it is, you are taxed when you earn your money. Taxed again when you spend it. Then certain people who love to run up their credit card bills want to add interest in addition to being taxed.

Leasing a car is a waste of money in my opinion. Look at your situation now, you have months left on your lease and running out of miles and now you're sweating your transportation issues.

Leasing a car is fine for people who aren't up to their eyeballs in debt and are okay knowing they will always have a payment and never own anything out right.

I don't mind spending money, I just rather be smart as possible about it and get the most for the money, not the other way around.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #40
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by bert View Post
it's not just with you lmao

but you know that already
fym!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #41
STROKD
Old School

I hate debt, even more so I hate wasting money. As it is, you are taxed when you earn your money. Taxed again when you spend it. Then certain people who love to run up their credit card bills want to add interest in addition to being taxed.

Leasing a car is a waste of money in my opinion. Look at your situation now, you have months left on your lease and running out of miles and now you're sweating your transportation issues.

Leasing a car is fine for people who aren't up to their eyeballs in debt and are okay knowing they will always have a payment and never own anything out right.

I don't mind spending money, I just rather be smart as possible about it and get the most for the money, not the other way around.
if I had my car purchased, Id be stuck like Chuck for another 2.5 years hoping someone would steal it so I didnt have to write a check to get something else.

Im one of those that will always have a car payment, or two, or three. Its just like I know Ill have a mortgage... its similar to rent for an apt with a write off. Having debt doesnt bother me, as I was brought up that way and thats all I know. What bothers me is not making enough damn money. Lol I wont be in my same situation forever, just the next 2 or so years or till i find another job.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:25 AM   #42
garner

Might as well include fuel, insurance, maintenance, and repairs too. Then it's like a $65-70k car over the average loan term

Last edited by garner; 04-09-2014 at 02:28 AM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #43
Dominic Toretto

Steve, cost and what-you-pay are not the same. Simple as that. If I walk into a service station, take a $1.00 bottle of water to the counter, give the cashier a $5.00 and walk out without change, the price of the water is still $1.00 regardless of what I paid for it. Sheesh.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #44
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Steve, cost and what-you-pay are not the same. Simple as that. If I walk into a service station, take a $1.00 bottle of water to the counter, give the cashier a $5.00 and walk out without change, the price of the water is still $1.00 regardless of what I paid for it. Sheesh.

-Alex
Ok, well go into the dealership and tell them all you will pay is what is on the sticker and try to drive off the lot with it. Let's see how that works out for ya. lol
Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #45
03MachMe

On most cars with the rebates and such, they will gladly take sticker lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote