Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Torsion

Default Best dealership for warranty repairs?

Hey guys,

Where in DFW (preferably north Dallas) is the best dealership repair shop?

I've got some things I'd like fixed under warranty. One is the problem where my clutch pedal doesn't come back out when shifting at high RPMs. I'd like a service advisor/tech who actually knows their shit to make an honest attempt to fix the problem.

Any suggestions for a good shop/advisor/tech?
Torsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I've always had good luck with North Central Ford.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
MidWest281

any ford dealership should be able to take care of you and your car.

2013 Performance White Boss 302
-Stock

2002 Mineral Gray GT
-VT engines Stage 2 N/A cams, full SLP exhaust, 4.10 gear...etc.
MidWest281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Torsion

I can't say that I agree. There are always some service departments that are better than others... some are more mod friendly... some have better techs... some have service advisors that are honest..... and some don't.

For example, the guys at the Frisco dealership creep me out. The parts guys are good... but I always get the feeling that the service guys are bullshitting me or don't know much.

I asked for their price on installing the Ford Racing tune. Two of the service advisors didn't know what I was talking about.

In contrast, I called the Lewisville Ford dealership... the guy I talked to there knew exactly what I was talking about, how much time it would take, and had done several before.

Anyone have any opinions about 5 Star Ford of Plano? It's much closer to my house than the Lewisville shop.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
MidWest281

yeah, depends who you are talking to I guess. ask for someone who knows stuff about mustangs when you call in?

I don't know many of the service writers very well....but if you have any issues with a Ford dealership, let me know...

2013 Performance White Boss 302
-Stock

2002 Mineral Gray GT
-VT engines Stage 2 N/A cams, full SLP exhaust, 4.10 gear...etc.
MidWest281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
GunsUp

Originally Posted by Torsion View Post
I can't say that I agree. There are always some service departments that are better than others... some are more mod friendly... some have better techs... some have service advisors that are honest..... and some don't.

For example, the guys at the Frisco dealership creep me out. The parts guys are good... but I always get the feeling that the service guys are bullshitting me or don't know much.

I asked for their price on installing the Ford Racing tune. Two of the service advisors didn't know what I was talking about.

In contrast, I called the Lewisville Ford dealership... the guy I talked to there knew exactly what I was talking about, how much time it would take, and had done several before.

Anyone have any opinions about 5 Star Ford of Plano? It's much closer to my house than the Lewisville shop.
I deal with 5 star on my warranty work but that's because I bought the car from them and they have done ALL the work on it. Where did you buy your car?
Old 11-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
Torsion

I got my car at Five Star in Plano.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
GunsUp

I got my car at Five Star in Plano.
I have a pretty good relationship with them thanks to another member on the forum. So far they have taken care of me pretty well.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
JDMLOL

Definitely would not recommend any AutoNation dealer for service.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
++1
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:01 AM   #11
toomnymods

funny you said that.. and also i dont reccomend them either.. they had my brand new mustang for nearly a month trying to diagnose rear end gear whine. Somehow the backlash came out of spec and was literally destroying the rear end in my car that only had 1,400 miles on it. the car was less than 3 weeks old and by the time it was fixed they had had it longer than i was able to drive it! When I went to pick it up they had ran over a curb and hit my front bumber on it and messed it up and tried to say it came in there like that.
They ended up fixing it, but still that irks me to death that people who dont give a crap about your vehicle abusing it and driving it like its just a pos beater..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
funny you said that.. and also i dont reccomend them either.. they had my brand new mustang for nearly a month trying to diagnose rear end gear whine. Somehow the backlash came out of spec and was literally destroying the rear end in my car that only had 1,400 miles on it. the car was less than 3 weeks old and by the time it was fixed they had had it longer than i was able to drive it! When I went to pick it up they had ran over a curb and hit my front bumber on it and messed it up and tried to say it came in there like that.
They ended up fixing it, but still that irks me to death that people who dont give a crap about your vehicle abusing it and driving it like its just a pos beater..
That's irritating just hearing the story. These big corporate owned dealers only care about numbers, not the customers. I love GM and Ford but the service they provide for their products compared to my mom's audi and from what I hear from people that own hondas, Toyotas, lexus', etc is much better. I would expect some difference for lexus and audi due to the price difference but every domestic dealer I've been to seems like they don't want to deal with me, especially for warranty claims (mods or no mods).

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
Dan12GT

I wasn't all that impressed with Grapevine.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
5-OH

Good to know there is a bright spot here, the sales staff at this place is a joke!
5-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
rriddle3

One of the Bankston Ford dealerships, back when they were already owned by Autonation (just did not have the signs up yet), were the only service department that was able to correctly diagnose and repair a warranty problem I was having. Two other dealers gave me the runaround. YMMV.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote