Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #316
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
No. I don't race friends for money, always causes bad blood. Secondly, after seeing you drive, I don't want to be next to you racing until you get some more seat time. I don't want you crashing into me.

You have a fully built car and you are throwing your money around against my h pipe only car.
Maybe you should stop talking shit about me and my car then if you aren't going to back it up. And my driving is just fine on the street. I just need better tires for the track.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #317
wbt

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Nope but new guy thinks I'm someone else from s197 forums.
And I hardly ever get on that site so I never saw that post. You posted that on 7-19-13 so yeah I would had never seen that since I get on s197 maybe once a week.
I got it right.

Was talking about on his '11 car.
My '11 had ET Streets on it. That car never made a pass on a full slick. As you can hear in the video traction was terrible with those tires. Even at that it ran 11.6 in 2'500' of air and dyno'd 432whp. No reason for your 500+whp car to be running 12's.

Less talk, more production.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #318
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
I got it right.

My '11 had ET Streets on it. That car never made a pass on a full slick. As you can hear in the video traction was terrible with those tires. Even at that it ran 11.6 in 2'500' of air and dyno'd 432whp. No reason for your 500+whp car to be running 12's.

Less talk, more production.
Your car was on better tires then me. And you're right a 500 rwhp car shouldn't run 12's. like I said before since people can't read. This is my first time at the 1/4 mile track with this car and first time for me in over 10 years. So I'm a bit rusty for track racing cause its completely different then me racing on the streets. With better tires and more seat time I will be running better times. But everyone has to remember I'm not going for records just my personal achievements. I want to run 10's NA full weight and run low 10's with nitrous. I'm far from those numbers but its a starting point so it will get better.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #319
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Good Lord...take it easy...

This shit talking has no weight though. Take it to the track. A 60 punch on the highway is basically a dyno run. I want to see you guys actually run at the track.

Most guys had issues launching, unless they were running slicks or ET's. I could only pull a 1.9 60' out of my 305/35/20's, but then again I didn't want to blow an MT82.

Somebody please let Jeff borrow some slicks so we can end this!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #320
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Maybe you should stop talking shit about me and my car then if you aren't going to back it up. And my driving is just fine on the street. I just need better tires for the track.
I didn't say I wouldn't race you, just won't do it for money. And after all the shit you talked, you can't tell anyone else to stop. I may have missed fourth, but I can do a proper burnout in the correct gear without bouncing it off the rev-limiter and I went just as fast you did with a near stock car. I'm down for a deadstop 1/8th mile race
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #321
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post

This shit talking has no weight though. Take it to the track. A 60 punch on the highway is basically a dyno run. I want to see you guys actually run at the track.

Most guys had issues launching, unless they were running slicks or ET's. I could only pull a 1.9 60' out of my 305/35/20's, but then again I didn't want to blow an MT82.

Nah I'm buying my own wheels and tires
Old 08-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #322
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I didn't say I wouldn't race you, just won't do it for money. And after all the shit you talked, you can't tell anyone else to stop. I may have missed fourth, but I can do a proper burnout in the correct gear without bouncing it off the rev-limiter and I went just as fast you did with a near stock car.
So you should have no problem hanging with me. Like I said put your money where your mouth is.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #323
wbt

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post

Hehehe.... He is a bit sensitive. I would like to see him reach his goals as well. That's why we all do this. It's still fun poking at him.

Tires, seat time, and a good shifter should go a long way.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #324
Grandpa
I> /\/\

So you should have no problem hanging with me. Like I said put your money where your mouth is.
As I said, I will race you. From a dig and a 1/8th mile race. No money.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #325
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Hehehe.... He is a bit sensitive. I would like to see him reach his goals as well. That's why we all do this. It's still fun poking at him.

Not sensitive at all. I'm not on great tires and haven't been to the track in years. I would had been very happy to hit 11's my first time back in over a decade. But it didn't happen oh well. But Steve won't bet me cause we are "friends" yet he gives me a lot of shit when usually friends don't do that. At least not as much as he does. I guess since he got so much shit at Dfwmustangs he thinks he can do that here. I think I'm going to call Steve, Eric.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #326
OG Fox
Supporting Member

jeff, maybe you should practice being more humble. you said your car was gonna be faster than Brents, and you couldn't break outta of the 12s. You should grab the Tampax because you don't even know how to do a burnout. and stop talking shit about automatics. For drag racing, there is not other way to do it.

didn't get to meet you last night, but your car was a monster, hope to see you in october at our Camaro vs Mustang event in Ennis.

As I said, I will race you. From a dig and a 1/8th mile race. No money.
I would pay both your entrance fees to make this happen. But im sure jeff will come up with excuses.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #327
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
jeff, maybe you should practice being more humble. you said your car was gonna be faster than Brents, and you couldn't break outta of the 12s. You should grab the Tampax because you don't even know how to do a burnout. and stop talking shit about automatics. For drag racing, there is not other way to do it.

didn't get to meet you last night, but your car was a monster, hope to see you in october at our Camaro vs Mustang event in Ennis.

I would pay both your entrance fees to make this happen. But im sure jeff will come up with excuses.
Still sucking Brent's dick I see. I guess I would to driving around in that car you have.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #328
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Not sensitive at all. I'm not on great tires and haven't been to the track in years. I would had been very happy to hit 11's my first time back in over a decade. But it didn't happen oh well. But Steve won't bet me cause we are "friends" yet he gives me a lot of shit when usually friends don't do that. At least not as much as he does. I guess since he got so much shit at Dfwmustangs he thinks he can do that here. I think I'm going to call Steve, Eric.
Dude, you seriously need to lighten up. After all that smack talk you did for so long, you can't seriously expect not to get some ribbing about it all. You're complaining about the same thing you do, you still give me crap about the 4th gear thing, see me complaining about it? No, cuz it is funny. It's not a big deal. I told you with some seat time you will get it down.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #329
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Still sucking Brent's dick I see. I guess I would to driving around in that car you have.
Comments like this is why people jump your shit. You take it from fun racing smack talk to personal below the belt insults.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #330
wbt

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
Thanks!

I may just do that. I might be able to talk kdanner into bringing his car as well. Good times.