Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
garner

Default Is february/march a bad time or are mustangs always like this?

Well after hearing tons of commercials for the local ford/hyundai/vw/mitsubishi dealer(where I bought my stang) I decided to see what deals they had just because. Turns out they have 2013 f150 for up to $10k off and genesis sedan for up to $9k off. Well decided to see what they would offer me since they always brag about best trade in in town(which was true with my last truck)

Well they only offered me $22k, but it was a BS appraisal. Car never left the parking spot, salesman just went in the back and played on nada with one of the managers I guess. He refused to show me any numbers, saying it was $22k firm for trade and only $5k rebates for the f150. Guess he doesn't want a second commission check from us. It really shocked me cause on my ram they offered nada plus $2k, or nada trade and x plan pricing for the stang.

So on the way home from there, I dropped by the local GMC dealer to see what they would offer. They said $20k bought outright or they could possibly match the $22k on trade. Manager said wheels were dirty, exhaust was too loud(it's going back to stock if traded), and engine bay looked like crap(none of the engine/coil covers are on.)

Is this just a bad time of the year for trading in stangs or is it just the way stangs are?

$20-22k seems ridiculous for a 2014 5.0 with 8,300 miles on it. Especially since NADA ranges from $23kish(rough trade)-$26kish(clean trade) for the 2013 model.