Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
Futwa

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Sex.
Wide body kit with some 345's on the rear. It was said to put down around 850+ to the rear wheels with a tune they were working on.
Futwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Futwa View Post
Wide body kit with some 345's on the rear. It was said to put down around 850+ to the rear wheels with a tune they were working on.
Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
Futwa

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?

-Alex
Retail should be somewhere around $130-135k but this one had a few parts you can't get on a Super Snake at the moment and it was rumored to have sold for somewhere around $280k+. Shelby still has the car but it was sold at auction from what I understand.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Futwa View Post
What was your GN ownership experience like? what sort of stuff did you do to it?
Frankly, the car was a headache most of the time but was fun as hell when it wasn't breaking shit. It was fast for the day (mid 90's) running 7.30's on drag radials. Turbo stuff was still in the early stages and there wasn't as much available then as there is today. That being said, they are still a pain in the ass. Parts are difficult to find not to mention expensive and not a lot of people out there work on them or know much about them. Since you turn your own wrenches you have a fighting chance, but anyone who can't turn a wrench should not consider a GN at all.

It was an 87 had a built motor/trans, TA49 turbo, bigger intercooler/downpipe, injectors/fuel system are the highlights. From a dig it was a monster because it would just sit down and go. On the highway...well you would feel like you were about to die at any moment because they floated lane to lane like a damn 1960's Caddy. lol.

Theft is high on them too. Don't use it as a daily or leave it sitting anywhere you aren't watching it. The car can be opened with a simple coat hanger and started with a screwdriver. In my opinion, the intercooled 86/87 cars are the only ones worth having. If like the sleeper look, you could find yourself a nice built T Type car too.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
Futwa

I thought about doing the t-type that way I wouldn't feel bad for painting it gray and I could have it match my mustang! Well thanks for crushing my dream of owning gn there buddy lol. I would eventually end up getting it built up to what you described with the typical GNX flare on the exterior. I messed around with putting a 200-4r in my chevelle and ended up building it a few times before I gave up and went back to the th350 so maybe that's a sign? Maybe I will just put the money towards the 2015 mustang and just mess around with that.