Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
kdanner

I think the deal with the Boss intake compared to stock is far too many are pansies that won't bang the gears at 7800 and let the clutch fly on the starting line with the car on the limiter. If you don't drive it that way, it doesn't work very well compared to the stocker. Also needs some driveline upgrades to keep from breaking things and to make that sort of driving actually possible. With an automatic it's simpler, but due to the even larger RPM drop on the gear changes, the shifts become still more critical. If you let it fall into the basement, you're done.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #17
wbt

No need for this info.

Last edited by wbt; 11-28-2013 at 03:44 AM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Understood. In the case of the Boss intake you aren't making any more power vs. the stock intake but you are making peak power for a much greater length of time. This is a case where dyno numbers don't mean anything but the track does.

Don't get me wrong, I think the dyno is a great tool to determine where your powerband is for example. You can look at power curves to determine shift points, etc. With certain parts/applications on these cars the numbers don't always translate to better track times.
Thank you and well said. So I understand what you mean then regarding the Boss intake on the standard 5.0 GT. What about the Cobra Jet? In the dyno from the other forum, it did show an increase in power and torque consistently greater than the Boss IM over the entire graph. So why wouldn't a car equipped the CJIM be faster than an equally modded car using the Boss IM?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
wbt

No need for this info.

Last edited by wbt; 11-28-2013 at 03:45 AM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote