Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #31
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's not semantics at all, it's just wrong usage of terminology by someone who doesn't know any better. Rivets are for sheetmetal, bolts hold things together.

I would agree fake bolt heads glued to a wheel that being used in their functional capacity is a bit lame, but a true multi-piece wheel that is hand built requires bolts to hold it together. A multi-piece wheel can be disassembled at any time for cleanings or to change out the centers or hoops for any reason like of they are damaged. That can't be done with a cast type wheel. If a cast wheel needs to be repaired, it will never look the same again. In addition to that, cast type wheels also tend to be much heavier rather than a multi-pieced wheel. So there is much more to the assembly bolts rather than just the look of them.

Different strokes. I personally don't like all black wheels because you loose the detail. It's about contrast and making flow. With an all blacked out wheel, you might as well just leave the stockers on in black because it shows the same amount of detail - none. A lot of times, a car with blacked out wheels will look like it's just a void of anything there at all.

Now, that's not to say that all black can't look good at all, but it doesn't work for all cars and has to have the right contrasting lines and colors.

It's cool you don't like my wheels, as I said different strokes for different folks. But I would say you are in the minority with that opinion because EVERYTIME I drive my car somewhere I get compliments and questions about them.
my black wheels look sexy. because race car. so fuck you steve.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #32
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Blue Devil 5.0 View Post
my black wheels look sexy. because race car. so fuck you steve.
Says the guy selling his car...
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
GunsUp

Steve when you gonna drop the old True Forged and get a set of man wheels?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #34
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Says the guy selling his car...
hey now. selling the car for personal reasons. not because i dont love my wheels. i'd keep the car if i could. some things in life are more important.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote