Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
BERT
I love tube socks

I don't know what is up with mine but mine have been squeaking since around 3k miles, have 7700 on the car. And it's not when I first apply the brake it's more around when the car is about to come to a stop then it'll make some noise. Found this odd but haven't had time to get it checked out.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #17
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
I don't know what is up with mine but mine have been squeaking since around 3k miles, have 7700 on the car. And it's not when I first apply the brake it's more around when the car is about to come to a stop then it'll make some noise. Found this odd but haven't had time to get it checked out.
That's what mine are doing. Very little squeak but yeah after the brake is applied right before coming to a complete stop. I have a bit more miles than you though, 45k.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #18
Hddcrasher

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
I have only ran the stock brembo pads and Hawk HP+ pads. These pads have seen both time on the road and on the road course. The Brembo stuff did well on the road course, but the HP+ pads were alot better. However, the HP+ pads are REALLY noisy daily driving. Every stop you will get that peircing squeel. I am probably going to try EBC next, or maybe even CarboTech as they have the best stuff out there IMO (but very pricey).
I am running the CT 12 front and 10's in rear. Awesome for track day at ECR, but they squeal to wake the dead on light city type braking.

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Hddcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #19
Hddcrasher

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
My car is non Brembo equipped. Would the pads fit my calipers, or would I need to upgrade to Brembo calipers to fit those pads?

-Alex
Hey Dominic, You rode in my 2012 auto with Brembo upgrade and CT pads. So you know what those can do.

Yes you can buy aftermarket pads for the stock calipers, But my thoughts are brakes are the first thing to upgrade. My opinion only of course.

Anyone out there with OEM calipers and aftermarket pads?

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #20
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by Hddcrasher View Post
I am running the CT 12 front and 10's in rear. Awesome for track day at ECR, but they squeal to wake the dead on light city type braking.
Looks like there is no avoiding brake squeal then on good track pads. As long as there are metallics in the pad, there will be squeal.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Hddcrasher View Post
Hey Dominic, You rode in my 2012 auto with Brembo upgrade and CT pads. So you know what those can do.

Yes you can buy aftermarket pads for the stock calipers, But my thoughts are brakes are the first thing to upgrade. My opinion only of course.

Anyone out there with OEM calipers and aftermarket pads?
Yes sir, I definitely recall that ride. Your car is definitely track setup. The whole package is very nice on your car . I won't be making mine that hardcore until I can get a daily.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #22
Hddcrasher

I have a long way to go on track setup, but like you I need a DD first!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #23
46Tbird

You asked for a recommendation for "daily use."

Autozone Duralast Gold Cmax

Zero noise, and nearly zero dust. I think they actually stop the car better than the stock Brembo pads did, at least in a normal "cold" street driving scenario. I'm not into stopping repeatedly from 120mph on a road course. I want my DD's pads to be quiet, and I couldn't stand seeing my front wheels turning gray after the drive home from the car wash. These are basically perfect for me.

My local AZ accidentally sold me the standard non-Brembo GT pads first. When I returned them, and they got me the correct Boss 302 pads, they were about ten bucks less, lol. I think they ended up being $50 for the fronts.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #24
fordplay

I have used them and a bunch of other guys I work with Have. Been on trucks, Dodge magnum, camaros, and on my wife's flex, (flex had undersized brakes from the start they wear out fast) the ceramic pads have no dust but they will add stopping distance. And when it's cold add more stopping distance.. Plus side. They never wear out!! One guy has put over 100,000 on their rotors and pads. . Are a set of baer bettet? Sure no doubt but I can't find fault in these
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote