Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
re-rx7
Banned

A performance cars price dictates how fast and nice it should be. The Vette vs a Ferrari. Vette may be just as quick but that's where the similarities end.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #32
Rebelracer568

Haha wow this thread is humorous. 305's all around on camaro. Heck yea that car will handle especially with a 200 threadwear tire.
Comparing braking you do know your comparing 8 piston calipers to the 6 on the gt500 right? Or the 4 piston on the boss right.
Anyways 60k for a car that barely out performs a boss and you loose comfort ill pass. Ill stick to a car that has never been discontinued.
I like your 240sx comment kinda cute. I got a all stock fox race car that id challenge you in on road course. My fox worth 500 bucks as it sits. Just saying
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #33
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
You may measure it through just performance I measure it differently.
Sweet Jesus ... Okay bye bye.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #34
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Rebelracer568 View Post
Comparing braking you do know your comparing 8 piston calipers to the 6 on the gt500 right? Or the 4 piston on the boss right.
Thanks. So not only are they carbon ceramic, they have more pistons in the calipers. Sounds good man.

Anyways 60k for a car that barely out performs a boss and you loose comfort ill pass.
You do realize that "barely outperforming" still means winning right lol?

Ill stick to a car that has never been discontinued.
And this has what to do with the cars in comparison? Anything to do with performing right now? Oh, nothing at all, thanks bro

I like your 240sx comment kinda cute. I got a all stock fox race car that id challenge you in on road course. My fox worth 500 bucks as it sits. Just saying
The point was that you can buy any number of cars that are cheap and make them fast. Why would you want to challenge me on a race course? Is this debate between two cars none of us have getting that personal to you?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
re-rx7
Banned

Dominic is a jackass. Rebel builds race cars you knw?
Old 08-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Sweet Jesus ... Okay bye bye.

-Alex
I figure if you wanna make dumbass comments I would to. What experience do you have driving? Your knowledge is very little from what I can tell.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #37
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Why are you comparing a car that cost 30k to a car that cost 60k. These cars weren't even built to compete with each other.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #38
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Dominic is a jackass. Rebel builds race cars you knw?
Name calling huh? Have a good day. You're now added to my ignore list

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #39
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Why are you comparing a car that cost 30k to a car that cost 60k.
Same reason people compare $300k to $500k exotics to Corvettes and Vipers. Price difference doesn't mean the cars can't competitive to one another.

These cars weren't even built to compete with each other.
So a track oriented Camaro isn't built to compete with a track oriented Mustang?

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
re-rx7
Banned

Name calling huh? Have a good day. You're now added to my ignore list

-Alex
Oh no!!! Not that!!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #41
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Same reason people compare $300k to $500k exotics to Corvettes and Vipers. Price difference doesn't mean the cars can't competitive to one another.

So a track oriented Camaro isn't built to compete with a track oriented Mustang?

-Alex
And people call bullshit on that as well. You can't compare a Ferrari to a vette. Crap plastic interior to hand made and installed. Come on its apples and oranges. Lets be honest the z28 was meant to compete with the gt500 not the boss. That's why the put the big motor in it and the prices are very close.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #42
Dominic Toretto

And people call bullshit on that as well. You can't compare a Ferrari to a vette. Crap plastic interior to hand made and installed. Come on its apples and oranges.
I agree and disagree. A ZR1 and a 458 are entirely comparable on a track. Similar track times, etc. Now as far as buyers cross-shopping the cars, yes I do agree with you, off-track performance is negligible as everything else about the cars are extremely different.

Lets be honest the z28 was meant to compete with the gt500 not the boss. That's why the put the big motor in it and the prices are very close.
You very well could be correct. Truth of the matter is that Chevy has not made any statements as to what products this car would be targeting. So we could both be right or wrong. However, since there is an SS and a ZL1, I see the Z/28 fitting right in the middle of those to performance wise. Both manufacturers have an base V8(SS and 5.0GT) and a super GT model(ZL1 and GT500). The Mustang has a track only variant with the Boss 302(whether it's out of production or not for one year, it is still a relevant performance car built after 2012) so what ring would you put Chevy's contender in? The ring with the 5.0GT or in the same ring with a fighter they already have for the GT500?

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #43
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I agree and disagree. A ZR1 and a 458 are entirely comparable on a track. Similar track times, etc. Now as far as buyers cross-shopping the cars, yes I do agree with you, off-track performance is negligible as everything else about the cars are extremely different.

You very well could be correct. Truth of the matter is that Chevy has not made any statements as to what products this car would be targeting. So we could both be right or wrong. However, since there is an SS and a ZL1, I see the Z/28 fitting right in the middle of those to performance wise. Both manufacturers have an base V8(SS and 5.0GT) and a super GT model(ZL1 and GT500). The Mustang has a track only variant with the Boss 302(whether it's out of production or not for one year, it is still a relevant performance car built after 2012) so what ring would you put Chevy's contender in? The ring with the 5.0GT or in the same ring with a fighter they already have for the GT500?

-Alex
Honestly I would put the SS about the ZL1. Its got the LS7, the better brakes, etc. In my opinion the ZL1 wasn't a huge success so they went back to the drawing board and they did what they should have done in the first place. If mustang came back out with the cobra R then I think we would have a better comparison, but I don't see that happening.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #44
Dominic Toretto

Honestly I would put the SS about the ZL1.
Going to make an educated guess and assume you meant Z/28 instead of SS in the above statement.

Its got the LS7, the better brakes, etc. In my opinion the ZL1 wasn't a huge success so they went back to the drawing board and they did what they should have done in the first place. If mustang came back out with the cobra R then I think we would have a better comparison, but I don't see that happening.
This is a very respectable post. I could talk cars with you anytime. You don't preach your opinion as fact, you give your opinion, as do I.

The LS7 is nice and all but the engine in the ZL1 is more powerful. And from a modification standpoint, better, having better internals and built for boost from the factory. People have boosted the LS7 but with the inherent exhaust valve problems and thin cylinder wall spacing, I wouldn't. I just watched a video of Randy Pobst comparing the ZL1 and GT500 and they ranked the ZL1 the winner even though it was a slower car. The reason they picked it above all else, was that it was a consistent car. The GT500 was faster only once around the track they were on until the brakes started fading. But that's getting off topic. My point is that, it seems, in my opinion that the ZL1 was/is fine as it is and didn't seem to need a replacement. But we don't know yet as the full Camaro line-up isn't available yet. So I guess we will see.

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #45
Dominic Toretto

Why are you comparing a car that cost 30k to a car that cost 60k.
Oh, and I wasn't comparing the Z/28 to a $30k Mustang. I am comparing it to a Boss 302. They stickered for over $40k.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2013/?sub=boss-302

-Alex