Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
re-rx7
Banned

Well you ever been to DKC? We could find out there.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #17
Zeek

For 60k you could buy a Boss and outfit it so much better than buying that crappy Camaro. Just sayin. + you would have A/C
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Well you ever been to DKC? We could find out there.
Not sure what that acronym is for but, I'm really not going to draw this e-fight out anymore. I was simply responding to you saying "anything performs better with 305s all around." All I said was there's more to tire performance than simply the width of the tire as found out on other platforms.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Dallas karting.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #20
Stangmaster281

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
This car is obviously not aimed at the GT500. I'd easily take this over a Boss. Let's see:

56 more horsepower Advantage = Z/28

Almost 100 more ft/lbs of torque Advantage = Z/28

Undoubtedly a far sooner power delivery from the LS7 Advantage = Z/28

Power to weight for Boss is 444/3580= 0.124hp/lb, Z/28 is 500/3760 = 0.133 Advantage = Z/28

255/285s on the Boss means 1080 total contact patch, Z/28 is 1220 = Advantage Z/28

Torque to weight for Boss is 380/3580=0.106tq/lb, 470/3760= 0.125 = Advantage Z/28

Oh and just adding the Camaro comes standard with carbon ceramic brakes. Those will outperform the brakes on a GT500 all day and night.

Oh and who runs the AC while racing? Man I understand this is a Mustang site but damn the delusion is strong in this thread.

-Alex
Some pretty close stats for a car that's been discontinued compared to a car that is not even out in the market yet. For the amount of money I pay for a z/28 I could get a tune, intake, and better brakes on the boss and put that z/28 to shame. And not to mention more than enough money left over for a supercharger. Or I could buy a vette and still have a better car than the z/28. It's performance does not justify how much that sucker costs. Delusional no, common sense, yes. Besides what do you care about carbon ceramic brakes, I thought you "lived your life a 1/4 mile at a time" Mr. Toretto? Lol
Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #21
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
For 6k you could buy a hatch Civic and outfit it so much better than buying a $30k Mustang. Just sayin. + you would have $$$
See how well throwing the lame "I can buy this for cheaper and mod it to be faster" card can work against the car you are defending?

I've found it best not to lean on things that have nothing to do with lap times, or actual performance when comparing cars. It's so ghey when people are like, "yeah sure a Corvette is faster bu bu but, GM sucks" or "So what if a Porsche GT2 RS is faster than my C4 Corvette, Porsche guys are snobs."

If a car is faster, it's faster. Just sayin.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #22
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 View Post
Some pretty close stats for a car that's been discontinued compared to a car that is not even out in the market yet. For the amount of money I pay for a z/28 I could get a tune, intake, and better brakes on the boss and put that z/28 to shame. And not to mention more than enough money left over for a supercharger. Or I could buy a vette and still have a better car than the z/28. It's performance does not justify how much that sucker costs. Delusional no, common sense, yes. Besides what do you care about carbon ceramic brakes, I thought you "lived your life a 1/4 mile at a time" Mr. Toretto? Lol
And I could buy a salvaged 240Z for $3k, invest $15 and humiliate every Mustang on this forum.

If this is going to be the consensus argument, then everyone on here is seriously wasting money on $30k Mustangs. I think everyone should go out and buy some Pontiac Fieros with LS1 swaps and call it a day.

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #23
Dominic Toretto

Dallas karting.
Just did a google search, looks like fun!

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #24
Stangmaster281

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
And I could buy a salvaged 240Z for $3k, invest $15 and humiliate every Mustang on this forum.

If this is going to be the consensus argument, then everyone on here is seriously wasting money on $30k Mustangs. I think everyone should go out and buy some Pontiac Fieros with LS1 swaps and call it a day.

-Alex
I wouldn't say every mustang here, and these days it's all about more bang for your buck. I'm just saying it should be faster for how much their charging for this thing.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #25
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 View Post
I wouldn't say every mustang here, and these days it's all about more bang for your buck. I'm just saying it should be faster for how much their charging for this thing.
That's your opinion that it should be faster. A car's price doesn't dictate how fast it should be. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc, have been proving this for literally decades. Ever wonder why Viper and Corvette sales can lag while they will always dominate the price/performance value vs a Porsche Carrera 4s being far more expensive and slower yet never having to worry about sales? You should really consider that. This should help you understand. If you were truelly looking for the cheapest way to go fast short of buying a bike, you would get a POS 240SX for about 2 large, put a cammed LS1 in it for junkyard prices of oh IDK, $2,000.00, with the right suspension setup and tires, be more competitive than cars costing $80k. But no matter how fast you can modify one car, it will never substitute for driving another car. Ever. Pulling up to the Four Seasons in a cammed 302 Mustang will not have the same impact as pulling up in a slower Bentley GT which cost more than double the price would you agree?

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #26
re-rx7
Banned

A 240? Why not just buy an old fox? When it's performance oriented a cars price does dictate a lot of things. Your comparing price to every car but we are talkin performance cars.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #27
Dominic Toretto

A 240? Why not just buy an old fox? When it's performance oriented a cars price does dictate a lot of things. Your comparing price to every car but we are talkin performance cars.
What does price dictate to you?

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
re-rx7
Banned

Price dictates everything. Quality, engineering, materials.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #29
Dominic Toretto

Price dictates everything. Quality, engineering, materials.
In what quantifiable way? How are you measuring it?

-Alex

Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
re-rx7
Banned

I measure it through quality, materials, engineering. You may measure it through just performance I measure it differently.