Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #31
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
At this point I'm sure it will run fine. Most tuners now have "the fix" program which is why the number eight issues have all but disappeared. Of course, there will always be the occasional failure here and there, but they arent blowing up every week like they were in 2011. Bama tunes now are ultra conservative to insure they don't hurt anything anymore.

The latest trend with some of the bigger tuners is that they will no longer do datalogging tunes on the street and will only do live remote tuning in order to reduce any issues.
I'm pretty sure that Shaun will still continue his DL since that's what makes his tunes, and why people trust him so much. I just hope he doesn't get overwhelmed to the point of that not happening anymore.

When I spoke with Aaron at JPC, he said they do DL after the initial tune is written, only to fine tune.

I am considering Kevin very highly just because he is local, and can ride in the car with me, or even drive the car, so I can the true street experience.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
DirtyD

Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post
yeah I noted that I was about to buy an SCT and he didn't mention it being a problem. he also said that in the future if I get new mods it would be like $100 to retune
Sounds like a decent option to me. Curious to know how they do with your tunes.

I know that Truestreet charges $400 for the initial dyno tune, and then it's shop rate ($80/hr) after that for any retuning.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #33
m_tyler_r

Default diablosport trinity t-1000

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Sounds like a decent option to me. Curious to know how they do with your tunes.

I know that Truestreet charges $400 for the initial dyno tune, and then it's shop rate ($80/hr) after that for any retuning.
ill be sure to keep this updated on how it goes. meeting with a guy today about the tuner, hopefully have it tuned by this weekend
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #34
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm pretty sure that Shaun will still continue his DL since that's what makes his tunes, and why people trust him so much. I just hope he doesn't get overwhelmed to the point of that not happening anymore.

When I spoke with Aaron at JPC, he said they do DL after the initial tune is written, only to fine tune.

I am considering Kevin very highly just because he is local, and can ride in the car with me, or even drive the car, so I can the true street experience.
The last time I spoke with Shaun, he would DL n/a tunes, but was considering no longer doing anything but live remotes for forced induction cars. Some other tuners are doing that completely.

Kevin really knows his stuff, so much so many tuners come to him for advice, especially in regards to anything e85 related. There is some big things in the works coming soon with Kevin, but you guys will have to wait to see.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #35
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
The last time I spoke with Shaun, he would DL n/a tunes, but was considering no longer doing anything but live remotes for forced induction cars. Some other tuners are doing that completely.

Kevin really knows his stuff, so much so many tuners come to him for advice, especially in regards to anything e85 related. There is some big things in the works coming soon with Kevin, but you guys will have to wait to see.
Yeah, and that is totally understandable with FI cars, because there is a lot more at stake.

As for Kevin, most of us know what he has in the works, unless that has changed.

I'm hoping to get with him before June is over, maybe even dyno day to get a tune done, if his software and everything makes it, and he can fit me into his schedule.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
Courtesy Flush

How long ago did you have them? I know some of the smaller issues such as the idle surges and stuff are hit and miss. There has only been one actual #8 failure under their watch with a customer, that I'm aware of, in which the they claim the tune wasn't found at fault. But I haven't dug deep enough to try and uncover other occurences, because it doesn't really matter to me. I know my 4 options for custom tuning will either be AED, JPC, Truestreet, or Kevin.
Bought my tuner and intake combo w/ offroad pipe in January of 2011.
Took it to TS in October of 2011 for a custom tune, twas the first time the car had been on the dyno since parts were installed. Bama tune put down 431/411 STD.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #37
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Bought my tuner and intake combo w/ offroad pipe in January of 2011.
Took it to TS in October of 2011 for a custom tune, twas the first time the car had been on the dyno since parts were installed. Bama tune put down 431/411 STD.
Wow. That isn't bad.

All I know is that Randy with the red 11 or 12 only put down like 406/37x with his boss IM, ABs, intake, ORX and Bama tune. That's pretty bad. More recent tune though. Maybe it's super conservative.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
merlinmol

called up Gearheads... they said it would be $250 for a dyno tune... any thoughts? high? low? if I go that route would I need a tuner?
My tune with HPP was $400 for a lifetime tune, which means the tuning only cost me dyno time from this point out. I already had an unlocked SCT from Maggie though.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #39
m_tyler_r

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
My tune with HPP was $400 for a lifetime tune, which means the tuning only cost me dyno time from this point out. I already had an unlocked SCT from Maggie though.
that's what True Street quoted me. Im meeting a guy today about getting an unlocked SCT for $250
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #40
DirtyD

that's what True Street quoted me. Im meeting a guy today about getting an unlocked SCT for $250
Was that the one I saw listed on CL from the beginning of the month?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #41
m_tyler_r

Was that the one I saw listed on CL from the beginning of the month?
maybe...the OP was Zeek
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #42
DirtyD

maybe...the OP was Zeek
Maybe not....
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #43
m_tyler_r

Maybe not....
either way, hopefully it'll be mine by the end of the day. can I still load a tune on it before I get a dyno tune?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #44
DirtyD

either way, hopefully it'll be mine by the end of the day. can I still load a tune on it before I get a dyno tune?
Load what tune? If you mean load one of the canned SCT tunes on to your car, IDK if there is a canned 3.7 tune.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #45
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Depends, Some of the SCT handhelds come with pre loaded tunes. I think 91/89/87 fuel tunes. The Handhelds we sale come blank with no tunes since we do our own custom tunes.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote