Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #1
wbt

Default A few updates....

Some may know, other's may not. This past Spring/Summer I began tuning my own car. This is something I had wanted to do for some time and with the release of Coyote support from HP Tuners, it provided me with a set of tools that are far superior to SCT.

All said, I decided to make a few changes to the car at the same time. Those were:

1. Running on 93 octane
2. Retry using a 30" tire on the car (previous experience showed it slowed the car and I should have looked back on it; more on this shortly)
3. Lightweight battery
4. Strange shocks and struts
5. Moved back to the Boss intake
6. Transbrake rewire

After getting a handle on HP Tuners and had tuned several local cars, it was time to get the car back to the track and see if I could squeeze out a 10 second pass on 93. No one has done that before. I couldn't have picked a worse day in August to go. DA was +3,000' and temps were in the 90's most of the night with 93 grains. Some of the worst air we see here. That said and with all the changes to the car, I managed a 11.00@122 and the car went consistent 11.0x all night.

Timeslips:

Video:

This was really a shakedown night to dial the suspension and tune in. I was a little disappointed but given the significant changes and conditions I really had no complaints. I took a stab at the suspension and made one change. The tune only required shift point changes. Everything else was rock solid.

I went back out again in October taking advantage of a little cooler weather (2,300'+ DA) to reach that goal of a 10 on 93 however the track had stopped running 1/4 mile after a fatal accident a month earlier unbeknownst to me.

In the coming months I plan to make additional changes to the car which include getting away from the 30" tire and expect to hit that 10 sec., 93 octane mark.

Some may ask why I posted this. It's been awhile since I made an update here and I wanted to dispel some misinformation and behind the back remarks that were made about me.

For example:
car has since been lightened more and suspension/tire improved, but still cannot run the same times since the owner decided to try to toon it himself.
Just to clear a few things up, yes I have made some changes to my car which intentionally and unintentionally slowed it down. The detremental changes were:
1. 30" tire
2. 93 octane fuel
3. Running in +3,000' DA

The car will get some more changes and run faster however the change in who tunes it matters none to it's performance. Some ego inflated people like to believe otherwise and cover up the details in their own quest to belittle others which speaks volumes to their character.

Who knows what other half-truths and misinformation have been posted/said the past few months and it really is of no consequence. The people I help behind the scenes are achieving their goals and that is what really counts.

I'll post another update for those interested in the coming months.

Last edited by wbt; 11-04-2014 at 04:04 AM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
wbt

Just a little side note on the previous tuner's typical antics:

Many non-factual statements made in the comments many of which are pretty comical. Apparently he knows more about my own car than I do. Quite sad to see him stoop to such levels but seems par for the course.

That said, if he is such a bad ass why can't he get a blower car to run any better 1/8th mile times than my own car?

Is he going to make excuses about weight and air conditions that he turns around and makes against me?

Who drove his car to the best time it ever ran?

Hypocrite much?

The truth wins every time.

Last edited by wbt; 11-07-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

High school kiddie shit. Who cares. Go race, don't worry about anyone else.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
BERT
I love tube socks

Toon?!?!?! Who is he, Bugs Bunny?
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
wbt

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
High school kiddie shit. Who cares. Go race, don't worry about anyone else.
Very true and that is certainly my plan.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
blownaltered
I have a small penis

to much drama in this thread
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #7
Taxman

Oh the drama between tuners... I mean tooners.

Vortech V3, forged internals, FRPP 3:73 gears, MAC LT's w/ Prochamber, FRPP K Springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP Intake maniforld FRPP 62mm Throttle body, and lots of showy stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Tuned by True Street Motorsports 523 rwhp and 444 ftlbs torque.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
BlackStang08

I tawt I taw a putty tat.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #9
wbt

Hahaha!!! He still has it wrong.

He should focus on his own junk which if I am not mistaken, I was the last person to take it down a track and that is coming up on almost 2 years ago. I imagine it is still sitting in a pile of parts laying around his "shop".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lol.jpg (14.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by wbt; 08-19-2015 at 05:55 PM.