Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:17 AM   #1
toomnymods

Default Finally got my GoPro Hero3+ black edition

Well the functions and options of this camera/hd video recorder are amazing for the price.. Just wondering where everyone else mounts thiers for the perfect shot inside and outside a car? I already bought the suction cup mount because i knew i'd need that for outside the car. What are people using to mount inside the car? i don't have a rollcage so I can't mount there, lol dont think they make a headrest mount, although IMO would be the perfect mount for people like me.
Also does the stock microphone pick up outside audio well enough without the use of a external mic? if not what microphone would work best?
Thanks..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
donutninja

Not my personal experience, but I was talking to a guy at the last AutoX who likes to have his go pro (same as yours) mounted on the roof , kinda where the some light is, and he uses his iPhone 5 for Audio. Said he liked te sound better from the iPhone but it may also be because the go pro is way in the center of the car.

You can a microphone set up pretty easily and move it around for if you want more engine, exhaust, or tire sound.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
5PointSlow

If I want interior I just suction cup it to the back window.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
PLASMAN

A lot of wind noise mounted externally
mods to be put on:
MAK 3" Offroad downpipe, FR Intercooler, Meth kit, SSI T5 Tune

Totaled:
2013 GT/CS A6
Steeda CAI/ VMP Tune/GT500 AB/JEGS CAT DELETES/
STEEDA UCA/LCA'S/ EIBACH PRO KIT STRUTS/ FRPP K SPRINGS/ BMR PANHARD BAR / Shelby Razors 20's
PLASMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #5
03MachMe

They do make a headrest mount and that's what I use for inside the car, suction cup for my other gopro outside the car.

Outside

Inside

Both of same run

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
El_Tortuga

Harness bar mount works pretty good, but I'd prefer a little more forward for better outside view while still seeing drivers actions.

I want an external mic. MOAR exhaust note please, and the video is HD, but the sound is meh.

Ryan,
Did you ever post up bumper view? I saw you running that @ NTAXS winter event. I was assuming that shows the speed better.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:59 AM   #7
03MachMe

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Ryan,
Did you ever post up bumper view? I saw you running that @ NTAXS winter event. I was assuming that shows the speed better.
I havent uploaded them yet. Josh is supposed to be putting the two videos form each run together in one vid for me but he has been super busy. Ill upload one later today so you can see it.

here is one from that view from my first event back in june. Ignore the crappy driving and slowness, street tires+crappy Mesquite surface = slow.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
DirtyD

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Harness bar mount works pretty good, but I'd prefer a little more forward for better outside view while still seeing drivers actions.

I want an external mic. MOAR exhaust note please, and the video is HD, but the sound is meh.

Ryan,
I purchased two external lapel mics from B&H Photo/Video that work great for sound. That's what my winter AutoX videos had the sound from.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Lavalier.html
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I purchased two external lapel mics from B&H Photo/Video that work great for sound. That's what my winter AutoX videos had the sound from.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Lavalier.html
Thanks. I'll check it out.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I havent uploaded them yet. Josh is supposed to be putting the two videos form each run together in one vid for me but he has been super busy. Ill upload one later today so you can see it.

here is one from that view from my first event back in june. Ignore the crappy driving and slowness, street tires+crappy Mesquite surface = slow.

Thanks. I love that position. I'm definitely going to run some like at that angle as the speed sensation is really enhanced.

Excuses, excuses. Mesquite is very slick. Old blacktop made from pea gravel. If you get offline, its the worst kind of marbles. Its kind of impossible to avoid. The mustangs are made to go a little more point to point, and all the momemtum cars run a different line.