Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
downtime!

Default Trip to MIR this year

Still here in Maryland tonight but will be heading back to Texas in the morning. No personal best this year (11.13 @ 128 was my best run, and was also the first run of the day), but I believe I may have done some harm to the trans finally. It felt like the whole thing moved on the second run, and after that it was nearly impossible to find anything but first and fifth. It's better today, but sixth is still a pain to get into. It will get me home, but racing days are over until we get a new trans.

I did meet a guy from S197 I believe , his last name was Rousch. Has a '14 with an auto, the new CJ intake, a custom made tube, a Circle D converter and a custom tune on E85 (that he did himself). His best was 11.16 and let me tell you, it was impressive to watch. He even got his girl friend behind the wheel, her first passes ever, and by noon, she was running 11.26's like clockwork.

Had a good day racing, hung out with friends at the track, and looks like I get to drive her home, so a good trip overall.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
Dominic Toretto

Glad you had fun! Were those times on DRs?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
wbt

Nice. One of these days I wil make it over there to make a few passes.

I believe you met Mike Rousch with Mid Atlantic Performance. I have been chatting with him on s197 vi a PM. He has a good running N/A auto.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Still here in Maryland tonight but will be heading back to Texas in the morning. No personal best this year (11.13 @ 128 was my best run, and was also the first run of the day), but I believe I may have done some harm to the trans finally. It felt like the whole thing moved on the second run, and after that it was nearly impossible to find anything but first and fifth. It's better today, but sixth is still a pain to get into. It will get me home, but racing days are over until we get a new trans.

I did meet a guy from S197 I believe , his last name was Rousch. Has a '14 with an auto, the new CJ intake, a custom made tube, a Circle D converter and a custom tune on E85 (that he did himself). His best was 11.16 and let me tell you, it was impressive to watch. He even got his girl friend behind the wheel, her first passes ever, and by noon, she was running 11.26's like clockwork.

Had a good day racing, hung out with friends at the track, and looks like I get to drive her home, so a good trip overall.
This is why all my old drag cars were autos. You can put anybody behind the wheel and they will run damn near identical times to yours. All you have to do is tell them what rpm to launch at and what rpm to shift at.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
03MachMe

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
This is why all my old drag cars were autos. You can put anybody behind the wheel and they will run damn near identical times to yours. All you have to do is tell them what rpm to launch at and what rpm to shift at.
Exactly why autos are ghey

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Exactly why autos are ghey
+1

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
downtime!

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Nice. One of these days I wil make it over there to make a few passes.

I believe you met Mike Rousch with Mid Atlantic Performance. I have been chatting with him on s197 vi a PM. He has a good running N/A auto.
It was Mike. Really nice guy and seems to have a good handle on the tuning thing, especially how the car shifts. Damn near perfect.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
downtime!

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Glad you had fun! Were those times on DRs?

-Alex
Yes, on dr's. 275/60 MT's.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
downtime!

OK, since I like this picture so much, I'll post it here too. Not sure what I"m staring at, but it's not the camera guy. It may be a friend of mines daughter. She was on the wall, doing some goofy stuff to try and distract us.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
downtime!

And this is Alyssa. She was our waitress at Hooters at our after track get together. She is an Olympic Power Lifter, currently ranked 6th in the country in her weight division. She was a lot of fun!