Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 AM   #16
fordplay

That sticker is awesome. .. and is a necessary edition to any laptop!!!
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #17
downtime!

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I probably would get drug by it to be honest. Just having fun stirrin up conversations and friendly rivarlies. =)
She slung a driveshaft last night (broke a u-joint retainer), so maybe not. It held on just long enough to get me home, then dropped off in the garage.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
She slung a driveshaft last night (broke a u-joint retainer), so maybe not. It held on just long enough to get me home, then dropped off in the garage.
Well, at least you were able to make it home instead of a costly tow bill. Been there plenty of times, not fun at all. But now you can upgrade!

I destroyed my driveshaft at the track once in my old coupe.It scared the shit out of me! I quickly learned how important a safety loop was. Snapped in half after the 5500rpm launch on the bottle. The car was still running so the shaft was banging the underside of the car and the ground making the loud as hell noise.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #19
STROKD
Old School

Well, at least you were able to make it home instead of a costly tow bill. Been there plenty of times, not fun at all. But now you can upgrade!

I destroyed my driveshaft at the track once in my old coupe.It scared the shit out of me! I quickly learned how important a safety loop was. Snapped in half after the 5500rpm launch on the bottle. The car was still running so the shaft was banging the underside of the car and the ground making the loud as hell noise.
Could have pole vaulted ur car upside down too... I never had a loop in my car till now. I was brave and stupid at same time lol
Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #20
BERT
I love tube socks

Same here, except mine broke when I hit third gear. That was fun
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #21
downtime!

Only time I had one let go was way back in '79, in high school in my Camaro. Dropped it on a huge launch and it literally grenaded. Had bits of u-joints flying up through the floor. Never driven without a loop since that day.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #22
Crimson600+HP

Glad I got rid of that two piece designed stock piece then for a DSS one with safety loop. Didn't know the breaking was that prevalent (in general, not just mustang)
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #23
BERT
I love tube socks

As far as that picture goes, it needs to have the guy holding a smart phone with his helmet on. You know, to keep up with the times and all.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Glad I got rid of that two piece designed stock piece then for a DSS one with safety loop. Didn't know the breaking was that prevalent (in general, not just mustang)

Certainly. Especially on a sticky track and sticky tires. The car is going from complete rest to all that stress shocking the driveline, suspension and chassis.

In my personal experiences, it's usually the driveshaft, breaking an axle or the clutch exploding. Another good investment is a scattershield to keep the clutch coming through the floor taking off your feet.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #25
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Certainly. Especially on a sticky track and sticky tires. The car is going from complete rest to all that stress shocking the driveline, suspension and chassis.

In my personal experiences, it's usually the driveshaft, breaking an axle or the clutch exploding. Another good investment is a scattershield to keep the clutch coming through the floor taking off your feet.
Who needs feet, they are over rated. Just think about how good the parking spot will be.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:41 PM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Who needs feet, they are over rated. Just think about how good the parking spot will be.
Don't be mad cuz I got the premium parking spot and your gimpy ass had to hobble in the store from further out. It's not like your gimpy self just didn't plop your ass down into an electric shopping cart in the store anyways. lol