Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
downtime!

You did see me on 287 about then. I picked it up just before 3 and headed back to Keller.

Found out several things were shortcutted (is that even a word?) on the car from the other shop. Injectors (they had to have FRPP 80 lb) were scaled back to 55 pounds in the tune. The Boost a Pump had the adjustment knob removed (it's mounted in a way that you can't see where the knob should be with out really checking close) and wired wide open. Things like this really make you lose confidence in a shop quickly.

I basically had Travis start from scratch on the tune. The car now idles smoothly, doesn't die at redlights, and the surging seems to be gone as well. We switched out the Brisk plugs for the recommended Motorcraft plugs, and I also had them install a catted X pipe to replace the off road x (tired of the ridiculously loud exhaust and the gas smell).

Keeping in mind that the car made 570 and 510 on the tune that I drove it to Ohio on (and ran 10.85 @ 131), the new numbers are 602 and 520. More important than all that is just the way the car drives now.

We still have to get some Not Ready's cleared up so I can get her inspected (had 5! LOL! Fuel, O2, heated O2, EVAP and something else). The EVAP is the missing metal cover off the capless gas cap that needs to be replaced. Everything else should be able to be turned off in the tune.

There are still small issues with the tune, but I believe they are directly related to the crappy injectors (they are not really intended to work in a non return fuel system). We'll be switching them out for a set of ID1000's when I get back from Maryland at the end of October.

I'm replacing the shocks/struts and springs before the trip out there, and getting a new set of DR's. Should be fun, and if the air is like usual at MIR, I'm hoping for some deep 10's. We'll see!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #17
JDMLOL

Good to hear!

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #18
garner

Can't wait to see the new times
Old 09-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #19
Rebelracer568

Glad to hear car is back and running good. Travis does great work. He tuned my car and im extremely pleased
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #20
re-rx7
Banned

ID makes a damn gd injector.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #21
downtime!

Yes they do. It's a bit of overkill for what I have planned for the car (basically it will never be over 650-700 hp), but it should make it easier to smooth the rest of the way out, so I guess they're worth the stupid high asking price. I did find them on sale for $899 though!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

Yea they are price. My buddy priced some ID2000 for his rx7 (2)and I though it was for a set of 4. LOL
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote