Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I think i saw you last night driving down precinct judging by the wheels, i was in a white 5.0.
Yep...
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #32
Bearded Banger

No terminators. Maybe I'll drive the Ecoboost or just buy some new badass car with a 302.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by l3g1t View Post
Where are these meets at? I'd love to show up, also I have a buddy but he refuses to leave his '00 gt even though he's wrecked it twice. Would he be "allowed" lol
Anyone is allowed as long as they are chill and there to have a good time.

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Everyone is allowed except for terminators.
LOL, you should join in the Terminator hate on SVTP. It's always good for a laugh because they get so upset.

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
No terminators. Maybe I'll drive the Ecoboost or just buy some new badass car with a 302.
Okay, you know the rule Gary. You can bring your Terminator, but you have to park in the back and wash all of our cars again.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #34
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
Gerbil, gergill, wtf?

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #35
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I still like the Borla S Type exhaust. The Attack series is much louder, but more drone.

I love my GT500s. I listened to Midnight's car tonight with GT500s and a O/R H pipe, and I am sold.

Don't worry about inspection. Unless the place puts your car on a lift, or you aren't lowered, the won't bother checking underneath to look for cats.
I agree! I like the Borla's on the 5.0's. Not so much on the previous models. But I like them much more than the Magnaflows, personally. I know the 500's have been mentioned as a crowd favorite and for good reason. But I'd like to see more Borlas/ARH's out there too.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
Joey289

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
I agree! I like the Borla's on the 5.0's. Not so much on the previous models. But I like them much more than the Magnaflows, personally. I know the 500's have been mentioned as a crowd favorite and for good reason. But I'd like to see more Borlas/ARH's out there too.
Can you get us a group buy hookup? lol
Joey289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #37
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Oh that's right. I forgot about that one, he chased me down as we were leaving. lol.
Yeah, I was there. And the Euless school parking lot show. And the times I've been to Kennedale, Denton, and Ennis and didn't see any members there.

I really don't need to type anything to prove the point - just browse the Events forum for a listing of completely busted non-events, lol.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #38
DirtyD

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
If I had the $1k to drop on the full stainless, mandrel S-Type exhaust, I would have gone that route, with transplanted GT500 tips. But instead I spent 1/4 of that and got a exhaust note that, IMO, rivals that of the full Borla system.

The ORH will make it that much better.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Yeah, I was there. And the Euless school parking lot show. And the times I've been to Kennedale, Denton, and Ennis and didn't see any members there.

I really don't need to type anything to prove the point - just browse the Events forum for a listing of completely busted non-events, lol.
Those aren't official events. The last dyno day at Truestreet was a big turnout because it was a planned thing. The Euless thing no one took that seriously to turn into anything except one time and it was all our members and that was it. lol

Plus, this group hasn't had an official track day yet. Not everyone goes to the track still. I personally don't care about ET's or dyno numbers, so it's doubtful you will see me at the track unless there is a group event and I will go to hang out.

I'm sure you will make fun of me for using the word "official" but there is a difference between a planned group event and some kind half assed, last minute thing thrown together.

Had you been around when the first GTG's started, you'd know that we said were going to just kinda let whatever happen for the rest of 2012 and get things really going in the Spring of 2013. There was no point of planning a bunch of stuff with winter coming up. There will be a lot of GTGs coming up in 2013 with a good turn out. Stick around, you'll see.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #40
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

We go out drinking around 3 times a week.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #41
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Shoot me a text if anything is going on Saturday.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #42
merlinmol

Originally Posted by l3g1t View Post
Pretty much anywhere, where are you located?
I am in Plano. Sucks that you are on the other side of D-town and work in Arlington. I was thinking of maybe trying to meet up in Addison, but that doesn't help out much.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #43
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

This includes driving so 2 birds 1 stone, right?
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #44
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Those aren't official events. The last dyno day at Truestreet was a big turnout because it was a planned thing. The Euless thing no one took that seriously to turn into anything except one time and it was all our members and that was it. lol

Plus, this group hasn't had an official track day yet. Not everyone goes to the track still. I personally don't care about ET's or dyno numbers, so it's doubtful you will see me at the track unless there is a group event and I will go to hang out.

I'm sure you will make fun of me for using the word "official" but there is a difference between a planned group event and some kind half assed, last minute thing thrown together.

Had you been around when the first GTG's started, you'd know that we said were going to just kinda let whatever happen for the rest of 2012 and get things really going in the Spring of 2013. There was no point of planning a bunch of stuff with winter coming up. There will be a lot of GTGs coming up in 2013 with a good turn out. Stick around, you'll see.
lol, ok
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #45
l3g1t

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
I am in Plano. Sucks that you are on the other side of D-town and work in Arlington. I was thinking of maybe trying to meet up in Addison, but that doesn't help out much.
If you can do a weekend I'm cool with the drive. Do you ever take it to meets?

Company Truck: '11 F250 Oxford white 6AT - Stock
l3g1t is offline   Reply With Quote