Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Yes let's go down to Luna and royal ln!!!!!!!!
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Special K

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Yes let's go down to Luna and royal ln!!!!!!!!
People still go there? Im so old ive forgotten.. now its just like where the Omni is...
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Anyone else see this newsletter from Stangtv.com?

http://www.stangtv.com/news/nhra-ame...reet-vehicles/

Any modified 2008 and later street cars are now required to have a cage! I bet street racing is really going to blow up now because so many people won't or can't put a cage in their cars. I bet this kills attendance at the tracks. I guess it was a long time coming since street cars have been getting so fast the last few years.
That's modified street cars not stock ones. They won't check, unless you go somewhere like Ennis. The 1/8th mile tracks don't really enforce those rules. If you go a certain time or speed then they will say something but untill then they won't care. A lot of your 1/8th mile tracks aren't associated with the Nhra also so I think it will come down to what you run
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
That's modified street cars not stock ones. They won't check, unless you go somewhere like Ennis. The 1/8th mile tracks don't really enforce those rules. If you go a certain time or speed then they will say something but untill then they won't care. A lot of your 1/8th mile tracks aren't associated with the Nhra also so I think it will come down to what you run
My point is that it will kill any future events like Fun Ford, Mustang Week etc that takes place at any sanctioned track.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Damn, your not as gay as I thought!
See you in a couple hours, sweetcheeks.

Anyone else see this newsletter from Stangtv.com?

http://www.stangtv.com/news/nhra-ame...reet-vehicles/

Any modified 2008 and later street cars are now required to have a cage! I bet street racing is really going to blow up now because so many people won't or can't put a cage in their cars. I bet this kills attendance at the tracks. I guess it was a long time coming since street cars have been getting so fast the last few years.
Rules are the same unless you have a non modified car built after 2008 that runs under 11.5, Foo.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
DirtyD

This is the actual contents. StangTV are idiots that can't read.

This just in...NEW NHRA RULE FOR 2008 AND NEWER VEHICLES...NHRA recently amended the roll bar rule for street legal vehicles. Model year 2008 and newer unaltered, OEM production vehicles running slower than 9.99 seconds and under 135 MPH do not have to meet the roll bar requirements for ET racing. This is great news for 'Stangbangers who have had to slow down or stop racing entirely because of the 11.49 e.t. rule. Some restrictions still remain, however. All drivers must meet the Helmet and Protective Clothing requirements. Convertibles and T-Top entries must still comply with the current NHRA roll bar rule
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
This is the actual contents. StangTV are idiots that can't read.
Ah...very cool. Okay then. Proceed gentlemen. lol.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
DirtyD

I don't think bolt-ons are considered altering the car, per say. I'm sure that refers to tubbing, chassis upgrades (chromoly, half-back cars, etc).
Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I don't think bolt-ons are considered altering the car, per say. I'm sure that refers to tubbing, chassis upgrades (chromoly, half-back cars, etc).
Huh? lol. Changing anything from the car from factory specs is altering the car.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
DirtyD

Huh? lol. Changing anything from the car from factory specs is altering the car.
I'm referring to like truly altering the car specifically for drag racing. How will they know if your car has cams installed, forged internals, etc. unless they tear into your motor. Now if you show up with a full 4-link with 28.5s on a balk half car, with a OE body about the only thing stock, then that's altered.

They won't check for the small bolt-on things.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
blownaltered
I have a small penis

See now that means more people will go since they eliminated the 11.49 time rule. Although you would think if you are going a certain speed a cage would be nice protection. I don't know from personal experience but I've heard hitting a wall sucks.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
See now that means more people will go since they eliminated the 11.49 time rule. Although you would think if you are going a certain speed a cage would be nice protection. I don't know from personal experience but I've heard hitting a wall sucks.
Yea, I agree... if its an 08 hardtop (it says no t tops or verts, dunno if a Corvette Targa is included) that runs slower than a 9.99 and 135 doesnt need a cage anymore... unaltered in the past meant no changes to make the integrity of the chassis different... doesnt mean STOCK motors...

My 08 Vette trapped WAY over 135 anyway, so I dont regret selling it still. lmao

Edit, read what PP said, I hope that's not the case, no one races a fucken STOCK car anyway, at least no one in TX... lol this rule might help one dude in all of Texas go race his Ferrari once. haha
Old 12-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

"Boo...I just got a call back from NHRA corporate and the definition of UNALTERED is "as the vehicle came directly from the manufacturer". Dealership added components ALTER the vehicle. This rule is mainly for Ferrari's, GT500's, Corvette ZR1's, etc that from the manufacturer will eclipse 11.49 in the quarter mile. I have another call in to them to clarify one more time. If this is true then the rule does not fit me and I and any Mustang or changes the Cold Air or exhaust will need to adhere to the older rule."
Stolen from Brents Facebook.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
"Boo...I just got a call back from NHRA corporate and the definition of UNALTERED is "as the vehicle came directly from the manufacturer". Dealership added components ALTER the vehicle. This rule is mainly for Ferrari's, GT500's, Corvette ZR1's, etc that from the manufacturer will eclipse 11.49 in the quarter mile. I have another call in to them to clarify one more time. If this is true then the rule does not fit me and I and any Mustang or changes the Cold Air or exhaust will need to adhere to the older rule."
Stolen from Brents Facebook.
Well looks like I won't be going fast anytime soon...when I decide to actually go fast.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well looks like I won't be going fast anytime soon...when I decide to actually go fast.
Told ya so.