Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #46
Junkie

I work out and stuff
Old 06-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I work out and stuff
No you don't. You binge and purge you skinny lil weenie.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #48
Junkie

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
No you don't. You binge and purge you skinny lil weenie.
Lol that's how I went from 151-180. Not eating...LMFAO
Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #49
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
me and 2 training partners get a work out with Much greater volume than yours done in 1:30 to 2 hours depending on how crazy we get rep count wise.. to REALLY push yourself on chest you need some one to spot you to assist with forced reps and negatives. Sounds like you have trained with the wrong people.. when i lift i talk between sets... get a little rest and get back to it.
I have to agree. I always lifted harder and better with a partner. You have someone to push you and if your pushing to much they are there to save your ass. I miss having a lifting partner. Now I'm older, fatter and have trashed most my joints so I will never lift any type of heavy weight again but I do need to lose weight. Just got to get motivated.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #50
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I have to agree. I always lifted harder and better with a partner. You have someone to push you and if your pushing to much they are there to save your ass. I miss having a lifting partner. Now I'm older, fatter and have trashed most my joints so I will never lift any type of heavy weight again but I do need to lose weight. Just got to get motivated.
I'm going to buy a bike soon. We could go riding if you want.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #51
Ralex5.0

I got this P90 workout which i bought through their company. i'm on week 3 and its been working out for me so far.

| Roush Axle Back Exhaust | Gear 3.73 | C&L Cold Air intake | Exterior Factory Style Upgrade | Interior Factory Style Upgrade w/ Saddle leather Interior |
Ralex5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #52
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I'm going to buy a bike soon. We could go riding if you want.
Steve that does sound like fun as long as I don't have to wear the spandex. I can assure you nobody wants to see that.

Originally Posted by Ralex5.0 View Post
I got this P90 workout which i bought through their company. i'm on week 3 and its been working out for me so far.

I got the p90x but I'm not digging it. My wife and her sister do it but I like lifting weights better. There are a lot of the exercises I can't do because of my hips and shoulders so I think I'm going to have to go back to the normal gym
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #53
Ralex5.0

Steve that does sound like fun as long as I don't have to wear the spandex. I can assure you nobody wants to see that.

I got the p90x but I'm not digging it. My wife and her sister do it but I like lifting weights better. There are a lot of the exercises I can't do because of my hips and shoulders so I think I'm going to have to go back to the normal gym
I feel you man. The section i suck the most is the yoga section. It kills me! man and seeing them bending and twisting on the video and i'm like NO WAY that is possible that got be graphic enhanced lol.

| Roush Axle Back Exhaust | Gear 3.73 | C&L Cold Air intake | Exterior Factory Style Upgrade | Interior Factory Style Upgrade w/ Saddle leather Interior |
Ralex5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #54
Blackout

I always do chest first because it seems to need so much more.

-flat x3
-incline x3
-flys x3

tris;

-cable pulldowns
-skullcrushers
-kickback extns
You need a decline bench! I've given up flst bench and do 4x of incline 4x decline and 3x flys on a 5 dag split

'14 6mt 5.0 bone stock dyno 376/360 on 87oct
NEEDS MOAR POWA!!
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #55
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
You need a decline bench! I've given up flst bench and do 4x of incline 4x decline and 3x flys on a 5 dag split
I almost never decline.. it fucks up my rotator cuffs.. Flat bench is the defacto standard for Moving weight on your chest. the rest is just fluff IMO.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Ralex5.0 View Post
I feel you man. The section i suck the most is the yoga section. It kills me! man and seeing them bending and twisting on the video and i'm like NO WAY that is possible that got be graphic enhanced lol.
I started doing Yoga with the wife the last month and I really like it. At first like most guys, you think it's some sort of foo foo girly stuff, but it's really hard!! I do one session in the morning to get the day started and one before bed. Not only is it a great workout, but really settles my mind and relaxes me. I'm really enjoying it.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #57
Dominic Toretto

I prefer to lift alone. It's my time to get rid of stress. I don't want to chit chat, or wait on someone else etc. I also don't want to be in the gym for 3 hours. I want to get in, get my training done and get out. I usually have my four year old in the daycare at the gym and hour and half to two hours is about her limit in there before starts getting tired of it.

I don't expect everyone to be as detailed as I am, but when training I do expect partners to be trying to better themselves rather than joking around or slacking off. I'm there to work and get better. I treat lifting weights the same way.
+1. definitely feel the same way. I do my arm workouts at home due to this. That and I try to have as little rest time between moving to the next workout and hate sloppy people that just sit on machines.

I'm older, fatter and have trashed most my joints so I will never lift any type of heavy weight again but I do need to lose weight. Just got to get motivated.
How much do you weigh?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
I almost never decline.. it fucks up my rotator cuffs.. Flat bench is the defacto standard for Moving weight on your chest. the rest is just fluff IMO.
As I understand it, declines are more a shaping anyways. I also feel them more in my shoulder cuffs than I do my chest.

Tonight I'm going to do back/bi's and might throw in more triceps if I have time.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #59
Dominic Toretto

Just wanted to give a little update.

I have gained a solid 5lbs since the initial post. Only changes I have made have been to incorporate creatine and added more variety to my workout strategy. Progress is progress. Hope everyone else is doing well also.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #60
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Just wanted to give a little update.

I have gained a solid 5lbs since the initial post. Only changes I have made have been to incorporate creatine and added more variety to my workout strategy. Progress is progress. Hope everyone else is doing well also.

-Alex
Creatine makes you retain intermuscular water.. most people gain 5-10lbs of water weight when they start taking it.