Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Coyote_Kiel

Default Good but Cheap Muffler/Exhaust Shop

I just put on the pypes I got from ptsmith20 last night and they are not lining up. Drivers side is trying to rub on the bumper and has already caused a very mild heat spot on the paint. I was wondering if any of you knew a good place for me to take my car today to get it straightened out and alligned with the other side (I work in Addison so somewhere close where Im not stuck in traffic allowing it to rub). Or if you have some really easy suggestion of how I could do this on my own or if it is something I can/should be able to do on my own let me know. I don t really want to drive it home in the condition its in because I don't wanna create a larger paint blemish. Not that its huge or anything, and it is inside the bumper not really visible.(just the idea of screwing my paint up in any way still frightens me)

All help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!
Coyote_Kiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
JDMLOL

You need to loosen the spherical clamps on the axle backs and the clamps connecting the over axle pipes to the mid pipe. You should be able to twist the over axle pipes and axle backs to align them the way you want. Then just Retorque the clamps.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
Dominic Toretto

Mine were misaligned as well. I paid a muffler shop in Irving $20 to cut the flanges and reweld them to get the alignment correct. Took about 10 minutes.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Coyote_Kiel

Thanks for the advice I called a few muffler shops and they're wanting to charge out the ass like one guy said $90 and another said $150. So if you guys know a good shop close by preferably I prefer to just throw someone a 20 and do it that way hell I'd even pay 40 that seems reasonable.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
Dominic Toretto

Wish I could help you but, I don't know anything in Addison area. If you don't mind making the drive to Irving, if you go to the Irving BLVD area, there are plenty of little shops that would probably get that done for $20. That's what I did. Plus you live in Addison, so you are balling and everywhere there knows that lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #6
Coyote_Kiel

Actually far from it I live in Lancaster and I'm not really balling I make ends meet and thats about it. I just was hoping to get it done close so that I wouldn't have to drive it like it is and risk the paint getting worse. I did all this yesterday after I got off work and just ran out of daylight to do it right. I should've just waited for the weekend but I was too anxious.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
You need to loosen the spherical clamps on the axle backs and the clamps connecting the over axle pipes to the mid pipe. You should be able to twist the over axle pipes and axle backs to align them the way you want. Then just Retorque the clamps.
this.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:45 AM   #8
Reaper

Lorentz in Lewisville is amazing. You will not be disappointed.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote