Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #31
Luke

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you simply mail off a small vial of used oil?
I used Blackstone Labs, they send you the sample bottles for free, you just mail it in along with a check or payment info. There are plenty of other places that do the same thing. Blackstone doesn't show all of what some of the company's do, I cant remember right off hand what they skipped. It was cheap though and I wanted a base to compare the RP to when the time comes.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
Toby

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Vr1 is some good shit. Zddp and zinc is through the roof! Really only for a engine thats get pissed on and changed regularly. Like 3k miles tops. Value oils you can get under $50 all day for 8qts and filter. Any given day you can go into walmart, oreillys, autozone and they will have a special on a name brand oil.
Honestly the VR-1 stuff i wouldnt run in a street car. I ran it in my engine after I first put it together, ran that in it regularly and changed it every 2500-3000 miles. When I pulled the engine the first time to make some changes to the heads, cam and intake, I noticed some sludge beginning to form in the oil pan. Most the rest of the engine was fine, just in the bottom of the pan which is where the pickup sits... Really that oil only belongs in a race car that will get the oil changed pretty frequently. BUT it is a fantastic oil for that!! We ran it in our dirt car for a couple years, would change the oil every other weekend, and the engine was perfectly clean and virtually 0 wear was found every season. We also ran mobil 1 a couple years with even better luck then the valvoline!
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #33
saunupe1911

Amsoil Signature 5w-30!!!
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote