Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
gordelis

Default Struts and A/C Compressor issues?

Hi All,

I took my car for a oil change today and the tech called me to take a look under it while it was in the lift.
Seems that I have two problems now:
1 - My Steeda struts are leaking oil on both sides. First question is if the struts are repairable? I guess not... If not, where can I get a decent set on a budget?
2 - Seems that my A/C "condenser" is leaking oil. I think he means the A/C compressor. It is located on the passenger side in the lower part of the engine and the belt runs it. If that's the case, what would cost me to fix it? Will I have to replace it or is it only a matter or replacing a seal or something like that? BTW the A/C is working fine, cooling as a MTF... LOL

Man, when it rains, it pours...

Candy Red 2011 Mustang GT Coupe
GT500 Mufflers, 20" Giovanna PortoFino, Pedestal Spoiler, Saleen Grille, Boss front valance, Decklid Panel, Steeda Struts/Shocks, SR Springs, J&M Caster/Camber Plates and J&M Panhard Bar.

Next Mods:
CAI, Tune
gordelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
McNastyGT

You will have to replace the struts for sure no repairing them as for the oil leak I would need to see it to give you a real answer because some of those techs don't know what the fuck they are doing.
McNastyGT is offline   Reply With Quote