Banned

Settle it on the hwy with a go pro.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #47
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Settle it on the hwy with a go pro.
LOL it won't happen. He doesn't street race. Which is fine cause I don't track race only.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #48
re-rx7
Banned

Well at least throw an invitation to him. Be courteous sir lol.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #49
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Well at least throw an invitation to him. Be courteous sir lol.
I'm pretty sure by saying his car can't beat mine on the streets is an invitation in itself.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #50
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

But lets get back on topic of the two IM.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #51
re-rx7
Banned

I think things would have went smoother had they just contributed to the conversation vs bashing and acting like king dick.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #52
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
....I need more data before saying it is worth spending the extra $1K on a CJ setup.
Maybe to you. Maybe to other people they have already decided it is or isn't worth it just based on this. Assigning a dollar value to horsepower is on an individual and case-by-case scenario. So even when you draw your own conclusion, other people might not feel the same as you.

I'll update the sticky as we capture more info. Someone else's dyno numbers don't provide me the data I need.
That's fine and I respect that. But as you already stated, the CJ makes more power than the Boss. I really don't understand what the problem is here lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #53
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I think things would have went smoother had they just contributed to the conversation vs bashing and acting like king dick.
I will say they do know what they are talking about to a point. Not everyone here drag races. And that's all they are baseing their knowledge off of. To me unless you are trying to get the most hp out if your car the CJ isn't worth the money over the boss manifold and a TB.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #54
wbt

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
There's no point of arguing with you about your car and my car on the streets. One you know everything and anything about these coyotes (ok) and two you don't street race. Prime example my car is faster then what it appears at the track, I race a person in this group and we ran the same time and mph at the track. But we did a 30 roll starting in 2nd gear in mexico and I walked him like he was standing still. It wasn't even a close race. But I expected that since I make 100 rwhp then he does. So if we did ever race on the streets I don't think your car has a chance against mine. Sorry that's my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
I have far too much to loose getting caught street racing or killing someone else doing it. I would expect someone with a new kid to consider the consequences.

Same offer I made before, I'll line up anytime at the track.

Really? Not a matter of being a dick. Jeff made a snide comment, as usual, and he got it in return.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Maybe to you. Maybe to other people they have already decided it is or isn't worth it just based on this. Assigning a dollar value to horsepower is on an individual and case-by-case scenario. So even when you draw your own conclusion, other people might not feel the same as you.

That's fine and I respect that. But as you already stated, the CJ makes more power than the Boss. I really don't understand what the problem is here lol.

-Alex
A repeat of what I posted.
http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=48134&postcount=39

I have no issue outside of some of the comments. My whole thing is don't rely solely on dyno numbers. CAI's are a perfect example, Jeff's car is a perfect example.

I will say they do know what they are talking about to a point. Not everyone here drag races. And that's all they are baseing their knowledge off of. To me unless you are trying to get the most hp out if your car the CJ isn't worth the money over the boss manifold and a TB.
Explain to everyone what data you have accumulated street racing that shows the CJ intake isn't worth the extra money?
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #55
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I have far too much to loose getting caught street racing or killing someone else doing it. I would expect someone with a new kid to consider the consequences.

Same offer I made before, I'll line up anytime at the track.

Really? Not a matter of being a dick. Jeff made a snide comment, as usual, and he got it in return.

A repeat of what I posted.
http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=48134&postcount=39

I have no issue outside of some of the comments. My whole thing is don't rely solely on dyno numbers. CAI's are a perfect example, Jeff's car is a perfect example.

Explain to everyone what data you have accumulated street racing that shows the CJ intake isn't worth the extra money?
You can get hurt or worst at the track to. You pick and choose your areas where you want to race on the street.

And I made a remark cause your buddy misread what I wrote and said a shitty comment.

And from what I seen from other cars there really isn't that much gain for an extra 500-1100 dollars. The price varies cause people might buy TB for the boss manifold.

And actually my car isn't a perfect example. Like I posted before I race a person in this group who ran the same time as me. But when we raced on the street I killed him by a lot of car lengths.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #56
blownaltered
I have a small penis

You can get hurt or worst at the track to. You pick and choose your areas where you want to race on the street.

And I made a remark cause your buddy misread what I wrote and said a shitty comment.

And from what I seen from other cars there really isn't that much gain for an extra 500-1100 dollars. The price varies cause people might buy TB for the boss manifold.

And actually my car isn't a perfect example. Like I posted before I race a person in this group who ran the same time as me. But when we raced on the street I killed him by a lot of car lengths.
Man that wbt guy has a hard on for you for some reason. I like how he keeps comparing his auto stall car that he races every weekend and has set it up for that to you car which was just finished and has only been to the track once. That's a good comparison.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #57
Dominic Toretto

Thanks mom.

Because racing on a track is without consequences or safety hazards. I feel sorry for people that are scared too enjoy life to the point where they have to try to critique others for doing so.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 09-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I see both sides of it. You both have very solid points. I just think you are both doing different things.

I like WBT's technical side of posting, but it's heavily track based, which is cool, but doesn't apply to everyone as far as use goes. I DO agree with WBT it's going to be up to the individual owner if the CJ intake is going to be worth the $1k, or settle for the cheaper Boss.

Side note - Jeff, solid posts and well done on keeping your cool bro!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #59
Dan12GT

I'd like to see the time slips on both those runs. 1 1/10 of a second isn't what I would call measurable evidence.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #60
Dominic Toretto

My whole thing is don't rely solely on dyno numbers.
As long as I have been around cars, the ONLY method of determining the power output of an engine, is a dyno. What else are you using to determine power levels?

-Alex