Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The truth of what you said makes me want to kill myself, lol. I got rid of my 03 Cobra which was quite a bit quicker and WAY cheaper for this car just to start form scratch. This is my first new car and will probably be my last for a long time.
You shoulda kept the Cobra, at least it is becoming sorta rare... Oh well, live and learn right?
Old 06-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
re-rx7
Banned

This is my first new car and will probably be my last for a long time.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
You shoulda kept the Cobra, at least it is becoming sorta rare... Oh well, live and learn right?
I could give a fuck about rare. Unless you are rich nothing is rare. I like the mustang because its relatively comfy, has a decent trunk, and makes gd power that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to acquire.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #34
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I like newer for the warranty. This is my first newer car but im used to the older stuff. Couldnt own a Vette. Insurance is too high for me and it just doesnt suit me.
FYI, insurance is cheaper on a Vette than a Mustang. Unless you yourself have like 10 tickets or accidents. The insurance is based off the general population as a whole, and Mustang owners wreck and get stolen more often than Vette owners (since more of them are older and driven less).

Insurance on my 08 Vette in 09 (when I bought it) was 40 bucks a month LESS than my 04 Cobra. lmfao... The vette was worth about 10 grand more resale value and 15-18 more KBB too.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #35
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I could give a fuck about rare. Unless you are rich nothing is rare. I like the mustang because its relatively comfy, has a decent trunk, and makes gd power that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to acquire.
a Cobra stands out in the fleet of new 5.0s at a car show... Thats all I was getting at. I like to be different, not just like my 15 friend's cars. Thats why when all my friends HAD Cobras, I had bling fucken Orange, to at least stand out... I didnt go buy a black or white one and put black wheels on it.

Edit, also, my wife's car is rare, its cheap and gets a shit ton of compliments. Its also faster than a stock 5.0.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #36
re-rx7
Banned

a Cobra stands out in the fleet of new 5.0s at a car show... Thats all I was getting at. I like to be different, not just like my 15 friend's cars. Thats why when all my friends HAD Cobras, I had bling fucken Orange, to at least stand out... I didnt go buy a black or white one and put black wheels on it.

Edit, also, my wife's car is rare, its cheap and gets a shit ton of compliments. Its also faster than a stock 5.0.
My buddy had one of those orange cobras. Supposed to be pretty rare from what he said. I havent been to a meet in sometime. I know if i do I will blend in which sucks but with imports it was the same save for my rx7.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #37
re-rx7
Banned

FYI, insurance is cheaper on a Vette than a Mustang. Unless you yourself have like 10 tickets or accidents. The insurance is based off the general population as a whole, and Mustang owners wreck and get stolen more often than Vette owners (since more of them are older and driven less).

Insurance on my 08 Vette in 09 (when I bought it) was 40 bucks a month LESS than my 04 Cobra. lmfao... The vette was worth about 10 grand more resale value and 15-18 more KBB too.
I pay around 580 for 6 mo rigt now.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #38
Junkie

Corvette > Mustang
Old 06-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #39
Luke

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Corvette > Mustang
Money in the bank > cars.

I wish I was taught this a long time ago!
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #40
Junkie

Money in the bank > cars.

I wish I was taught this a long time ago!
Oh I agree there for sure. A C6 and new 5.0 are very similar pricing though.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #41
re-rx7
Banned

Daily wise I choose the stang. Used c6 or a new car? Plus vettes ar price when shit dies. I think mike had to replace a plug wire. $30+tax one wire. Fudge cicle.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #42
Luke

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Oh I agree there for sure. A C6 and new 5.0 are very similar pricing though.
As much as I hate on Chevy's, I do like the C6's. I needed a backseat though and I've always been a Mustang guy.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #43
Junkie

Oh there are pros and cons of both for sure. Very similar price its just a preference thing. If I want a back seat, I'd rather have a sedan
Old 06-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
Doug1227

This post was not meant for a Mustang vs Corvetter debate. I just wanted to know how fast they were since I just raced one.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #45
zemog255

25-40k is a shit ton?

I paid 30k for my 08 coupe in 2009 with 16k miles on it, and it made 650 rw.

Vettes dont hold value for shit because they are over priced and dealers give them away (the right ones do anyway)... so it's easy to pick up a nice one at a cheap price. Ask Steve, he looked for a while, he knows they are all over cheap as chips. I love Mustangs, but Id rather have a lightly used Vette for half the price (vs a Shelby, Id never be happy in a stock 5.0).
I guess i should have had you find me a 08+ vette auto with under 30k miles when I was looking last year for $30k or under. I couldn't find one anywhere modded or stock. I didn't really want a manual but I only found a couple of those in that price range. I looked for few months on all the forums ebay autotrader etc..

Here's how I did in the 1/8th against a c6z06 not my best pass but I was on a set of old 18's with drag radials. I was spinning some in first and both of the shifts spun pretty bad but it was a close race. With the instant hit of your PD blower you should get in the 10s pretty easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTaNwVbGIY