Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #61
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post
Holy fawk Steve you are losing your touch, I'm giving him shit. You playing boyfriend again? Maybe I should have asked him if he feels like he can keep up with a turbo Cavi wagon now, since he was having issues awhile back keeping up with Veg.
I need 400-500 rwhp more to hang with veg.. That thing is an animal.. No corvette can keep up..
Old 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #62
DirtyD

Default dynoing the car today

I only heard him shift to 4th I think

I could tell he did start in 2nd
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #63
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post
Holy fawk Steve you are losing your touch, I'm giving him shit. You playing boyfriend again? Maybe I should have asked him if he feels like he can keep up with a turbo Cavi wagon now, since he was having issues awhile back keeping up with Veg.
LOL, calming down in my old age. My e*warrior days a long over with. I just want to have a good time with good people.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #64
Selcouth

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
I posted numbers to show the diff between the f1r and f1x and o give props to the builder/tuner.. Steve will tell you it is very rare for me to disclose numbers.. And you willl most likely not see my kill mode numbers
Admit it you are just a sandbagger at heart. You have reached a whole other level from the Supra.

I need 400-500 rwhp more to hang with veg.. That thing is an animal.. No corvette can keep up..
Do you know why that is? His car is whats left after a dragon and a unicorn fucked...........twice

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
LOL, calming down in my old age. My e*warrior days a long over with. I just want to have a good time with good people.
I've noticed you are a lot more tame these days. Nothing wrong with that. You seem very content in life. That's a good thing.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #65
White_lightning

Selcouth.. I dont recognize your nick.. Who are you?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #66
Selcouth

Selcouth.. I dont recognize your nick.. Who are you?
I don't believe we have personally met. But I'm a whore when it comes to car forums. Back in the day when the charity races were going on I was on Team Yellow Devil where Ricky was the team leader.

I was also an avid street racer/spectator from back in the day. Every weekend and some week nights I'd go out to Regal Row, Cockrell Hill, Sweatheart, Newberry, Cali Crossing(always hated racing on that road), and many others. I was there when BB was shot from TSP. Years later I found out it was Alky running his 4 wheeler at the races, and then met a few other guys later in life at various meets like Circuit City in Plano, Kellers, RKC, etc. I've been around, but never have had anything fast people know me by. I just live vicariously through all you ballers.

Last edited by Selcouth; 06-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Selcouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #67
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I only heard him shift to 4th I think

I could tell he did start in 2nd
It is difficult to hear, but I do believe he started in second. And I also too can hear the 4th gear shift. Just can't tell if he ever went to 5th. Would dynoing the car.in 4th hurt or help dyno numbers? Just curious

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #68
White_lightning

aaah cool.. i was going to say most of the youngins dont remeber me smackin around the termies with my stock twins supra man the green machine was a fun car..
Old 06-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #69
Oxford14Stang

aaah cool.. i was going to say most of the youngins dont remeber me smackin around the termies with my stock twins supra man the green machine was a fun car..
You didn't happen to have ur supra back in 05' did yah? Reason I say my ex bro-inlaw had a silver 03 KB Cobra I remember him running one a lot like you described had I believe 400hp or so. Lost the race to the snake but were good runs. Ring any bells? (Cobra around the hurst-euless-bedford area

Old 06-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #70
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
You didn't happen to have ur supra back in 05' did yah? Reason I say my ex bro-inlaw had a silver 03 KB Cobra I remember him running one a lot like you described had I believe 400hp or so. Lost the race to the snake but were good runs. Ring any bells? (Cobra around the hurst-euless-bedford area
I had mine from 02-06.. and never lost to a silver cobra so wasn't me.. most of the cobras I ran ended up confused when I popped the hood and there was no single under the hood...

this is my 442 rwhp supra Vs a 440 rwhp Firehawk..

here is some old school racing from back in the day

http://www.streetfire.net/video/supr...-cars_3539.htm
Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #71
Smurf50

I had mine from 02-06.. and never lost to a silver cobra so wasn't me.. most of the cobras I ran ended up confused when I popped the hood and there was no single under the hood...

this is my 442 rwhp supra Vs a 440 rwhp Firehawk..

here is some old school racing from back in the day

http://www.streetfire.net/video/supr...-cars_3539.htm
Man I miss your old cars Feldman, they were fun to watch And the stories on LS1/LS2 were great as well
Smurf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #72
White_lightning

Sorry to the op... I hijacked your thread lol..
Old 06-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #73
Grandpa
I> /\/\

No worries Jewbacca, nothing stays on track around here anyways. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #74
Oxford14Stang

Sorry to the op... I hijacked your thread lol..
Lol, its all good man. Its general discussion

Old 06-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #75
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Lol, its all good man. Its general discussion
i'll admit im a bench racer.. I analyze and analyze the data im provided.. It works for me... some other ppl dont care about the dyno at all and just go to the track Which is awesome too. I'm not a track person so it means nothing to me.

here are a few standard things i like with the dyno.

Pick a place. And dyno your car there every time. some dynos vary up to 10%.. so a mod that might gain you 20-30 hp might show NO effect at all moving dyno to dyno.
Stick to SAE.. Some shops put the output in STD to boost number and "make the customer fell happier"..

here is an example.. with headers/CAI/tune my car made 431/421 Uncorrected.. SAE was 435/425 and STD was 445/434... 9 rwhp isnt really that much of a difference.. but on that day the 2 correction factors were CLOSE since as you can see the uncorrected was almost the same as SAE.

with the first blower and stock motor.. Uncorrected was 760/645.. SAE was 779/662 and STD was 794/675.

Another thing that i like to do is get the dyno files. bring a little flash drive with and have them copy the files over for you. I have almost every single dyno i have done on my car and it is usefull when comparing one mod to another.

again.... i have been acused of being a bench racer and a sandbagger, but clearly my tools are working for me