Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
JDMLOL

Default Question for MGW owners...

I know the shifter is supposed to be notchier than stock but does anyone seem to have more than average notchiness from 1-2 under moderate to heavy acceleration than the rest of the gears? I feel like mine has an almost abnormal amount of nochiness. Sitting still or under light load the shift is butter smooth but more spirited driving causes the shift from 1 to 2 feel like it is hanging on something as I pass through neutral or the halfway position. Does anyone else experience this? I feel like I remembered the stocker giving some resistance during spirited driving as well but the mgw seems to magnify it.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 09-09-2013 at 01:05 PM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
Sieran

Try adjusting the reverse lockout nut. I had to tweak mine some because it was getting hung up between the gates when the transmission torqued some. In the end i think I ended up moving the nut like 5 full turns (forgot which direction) before it felt "right".
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
JDMLOL

Damn, I don't want to take it all apart again. Am I able to slip the boot far enough down to access the nut without taking it off again?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Mine is fine. It doesn't feel as good as the MGW in the Mach, but it's a lil notchy in the 5.0 and notat all in the Mach. It's a cry far better than the stock shifter though.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
03MachMe

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
If you lower it, you have to do a panhard too, otherwise one wheel will stick out ghetto style. So add that to your must do's along with springs. You drive like on old man like me so the stock shifter doesnt bother me at all so i wouldnt waste the money on that.

Other than that just get the mufflers you want.
Hmm wonder if Steve remembers this comment...

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Sieran

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Damn, I don't want to take it all apart again. Am I able to slip the boot far enough down to access the nut without taking it off again?
I don't think so. The console is not that hard to pop off. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Just drive it around with it apart and adjust it some to see if it helps. It may or may not be the problem, but i drove for the first day with the console out so i could adjust it until i liked it.
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It didn't bother me since I had never raced the car before that night at the track.It was fine for the lil bit of spirited driving I had done up to that point since I had never powershifted it. I owned the car a year before ever racing it or even turning the traction control off. I didn't know the stocker was going to lock me out of fourth. It's fine now. /shrug.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
03MachMe

It didn't bother me since I had never raced the car before that night at the track.It was fine for the lil bit of spirited driving I had done up to that point since I had never powershifted it. I owned the car a year before ever racing it or even turning the traction control off. I didn't know the stocker was going to lock me out of fourth. It's fine now. /shrug.
yep thats what I would say too lol. never been locked out of 4th here and mine was just fine at the track

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 09-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

yep thats what I would say too lol. never been locked out of 4th here and mine was just fine at the track
Well then, it should come no surprise your car is better than mine since you are a better driver too. Some people just have it all I guess.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
JDMLOL

Lol.

I just took it around for a spin and did varying take offs to see if I could pin point it. Granny driving is buttery smooth, moderate shifts around 3k have intermittent notch or catch midway through 1-2 and hard take offs seem pretty smooth as well. Maybe I'm paranoid. I've never been locked out. I just dont want to bend a fork or erode something inside the trans because it's catching on something.

The Queen:
Old 09-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
03MachMe

Well then, it should come no surprise your car is better than mine since you are a better driver too. Some people just have it all I guess.
glad you realize this. just wanted to point out your 180 on the shifter deal that is all lol

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 09-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

glad you realize this. just wanted to point out your 180 on the shifter deal that is all lol
Ok, I was wrong about the shifter. Is that what you wanted to see?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
Oxford14Stang

Haha, Steve he got you good. Doesn't really mater though. What does matter is your running your car at the track and you found a way to better improve your car and shifts. I'm on the stock shifter and bracket still but plan to go with the mgw. I have only been locked out of one gear for sure that I know and that was 6th doing a run in mexico. I've had some issues not getting into third when powershifting but I let off 99% of the time these days and it goes right in. Not sure if it was lockout or just flat out missed but since i lift now havn't had the issue.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote