Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #16
five.slow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
When some of the Dallas guys are making the trip to LR instead of some of the DFW area tracks, it's worth it.

Damn 2hr drive.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #17
BV600

WBT- How do you think a stock stalled auto would do with the tb?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #18
wbt

Originally Posted by BV600 View Post
WBT- How do you think a stock stalled auto would do with the tb?
I don't think it would be worth the effort honestly. I would consider a converter and a 2-step to be supporting mods to run it with noticeable results.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #19
wbt

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
Damn sorry I'm so "disconnected". Please feel free to school me up on a lil piss ant track. It's just being there for 6 yrs it always kinda sucked. Hell it still looks ghetto.

Please tell me they fixed the death bleachers too.
It used to suck and that is probably what you remember. That has all changed.

The new owner ripped the old bleachers out and installed new.

Facilities are clean and the food is good. More serious people run there vs. tracks like SAR.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #20
BV600

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
I don't think it would be worth the effort honestly. I would consider a converter and a 2-step to be supporting mods to run it with noticeable results.
Might as well put it on hold until after the blower
Old 01-22-2014, 01:03 AM   #21
five.slow

It used to suck and that is probably what you remember. That has all changed.

The new owner ripped the old bleachers out and installed new.

Facilities are clean and the food is good. More serious people run there vs. tracks like SAR.
just gotta understand i went there for 6yrs thats why i had doubts. im not disconnected though.

if the slowdown area isnt longer i donno about going back there. shit was scarry im my lightning trying to slow down. im sure the mustang would slow down a lot faster.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #22
wbt

im not disconnected though.

if the slowdown area isnt longer i donno about going back there. shit was scarry im my lightning trying to slow down. im sure the mustang would slow down a lot faster.
You were stationed in California last I knew and may be off to another PCS by now.

If you haven't run down the track in the last 12 months then yes you are "disconnected". If you weren't you would have known about the bleachers.

What are the fastest times you have run at the track? I have no issues stopping a 3,500lbs. car with Strange brakes on the front running 10's and mid 120's.

Since I have been going the past year I have only witnessed one car not make the last turn off. It was a GTR and had some sort of failure in the shutdown area causing him to bounce off the guardrails. His car was no quicker/faster than mine but it sure had a lot more brake and tire on it. Not going to blame the track on that.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:25 AM   #23
garner

Supposedly GTR locked up brakes, others say he lost control, others say the driver said he saw something out of the corner of his eye and he swerved
Old 01-22-2014, 03:12 AM   #24
five.slow

Default went to the track

You were stationed in California last I knew and may be off to another PCS by now.

If you haven't run down the track in the last 12 months then yes you are "disconnected". If you weren't you would have known about the bleachers.

What are the fastest times you have run at the track? I have no issues stopping a 3,500lbs. car with Strange brakes on the front running 10's and mid 120's.

Since I have been going the past year I have only witnessed one car not make the last turn off. It was a GTR and had some sort of failure in the shutdown area causing him to bounce off the guardrails. His car was no quicker/faster than mine but it sure had a lot more brake and tire on it. Not going to blame the track on that.

Past year? Maybe you didn't know the old track then. There were a few vehicles that didn't make the turn off.

4500lb truck with stock brakes going thru the traps at around 120 wasn't the best of ideas. Exact times? Hell I don't remember. I have tbi I have hard times remembering shit that's not important enough in life to remember like track times.

It wouldn't be disconnected. Maybe uninformed.

Anyways you are the best and know it all.

Last edited by five.slow; 01-22-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #25
DirtyD

4500# truck on stock brakes trapping 120?! :nonono:
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #26
wbt

Past year? Maybe you didn't know the old track then. There were a few vehicles that didn't make the turn off.

4500lb truck with stock brakes going thru the traps at around 120 wasn't the best of ideas. Exact times? Hell I don't remember. I have tbi I have hard times remembering shit that's not important enough in life to remember like track times.

It wouldn't be disconnected. Maybe uninformed.

Anyways you are the best and know it all.
I absolutely did run there when it sucked. Looking through timeslips I show I was there on 07/15/11. It sucked then no doubt. Much has changed since.

I don't know everything however I speak from experience and tell it like it is. If you don't like it put me on ignore.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #27
five.slow

there is an ignore option? difference between me and you is you think your shit dont stink and you will bad mouth people who dont agree with you. in this case i dont agree with you and you claim im "disconnected". a simple "hey the track is nicer now, you might not know but they changed quite a bit to include fixing the track itself. you should come check it out one day" no instead you act like you always do.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #28
five.slow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
4500# truck on stock brakes trapping 120?! :nonono:
not too many options for lightning brakes back then.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #29
wbt

there is an ignore option? difference between me and you is you think your shit dont stink and you will bad mouth people who dont agree with you. in this case i dont agree with you and you claim im "disconnected". a simple "hey the track is nicer now, you might not know but they changed quite a bit to include fixing the track itself. you should come check it out one day" no instead you act like you always do.
Let's revisit your original post in this thread:
http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=61735&postcount=4

You are disconnected on what has gone down there. Instead of posting facts you posted opinion and were promptly corrected.

You ran your mouth plenty on svtp to me and you want to come in here with the same bag of dicks starting the same shit when you get called on the carpet. No one likes to be wrong but admit when you are, swallow and move on.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #30
five.slow

Let's revisit your original post in this thread:
http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=61735&postcount=4

You are disconnected on what has gone down there. Instead of posting facts you posted opinion and were promptly corrected.

You ran your mouth plenty on svtp to me and you want to come in here with the same bag of dicks starting the same shit when you get called on the carpet. No one likes to be wrong but admit when you are, swallow and move on.
il admit if im wrong. you just stated it.. my opinion. you and your boyfriends all think you are hot shit. outside of the car world and world of warcraft you probably are not all that cool huh? so you get online and talk shit to people. svtp? yea you ran your mouth about shit because you thought you and your lil boy toys were better than everyone. you talked shit every time someone would post a personal best and then declare they were lying with the mod list. you have zero people skills thats why you always come off as a tool bag.

so im not up to date with little river.... wow be a big dick head with a bullshit reponse. you need to learn to communicate with people dude. if the track is better simply say it dont insult me its a bitch move. and no dont start running your mouth about car shit either b/c i dont give a shit how fast you are or what you know.

Last edited by five.slow; 01-22-2014 at 09:42 PM.