Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #61
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Hooking from a stop at the track is easier then it is at TI, FYI
Then why don't they just run these cars all out from a dig then at a prepped half mile track?

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #62
Junkie

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Then why don't they just run these cars all out from a dig then at a prepped half mile track?
Because they don't want to dig race, I'm confused on why you refuse to see that?

Also several of these guys on radial race cars, or race teams as well.

You need to consider safety, imagine the trap speeds of a car that traps 180 in the 1/4 but in the 1/2. Also gearing, stopping distance, etc...
Old 01-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #63
Dan12GT

Because they don't want to dig race, I'm confused on why you refuse to see that?

Also several of these guys on radial race cars, or race teams as well.

You need to consider safety, imagine the trap speeds of a car that traps 180 in the 1/4 but in the 1/2. Also gearing, stopping distance, etc...
Just trying to understand more that's all.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #64
Dominic Toretto

Who says they aren't? Just because this video exists, doesn't mean that they do not also do other stuff with these cars. There are people that prep the same car for 1/4 mile and autocross.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #65
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Who says they aren't? Just because this video exists, doesn't mean that they do not also do other stuff with these cars. There are people that prep the same car for 1/4 mile and autocross.

-Alex
Well... I am sure they do as it seems these guys are into racing obviously. Just reaffirms my feelings towards it. Just not a fan of roll racing and its hard for me to see the point.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #66
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Hook, line, and sinker! BOOM! (agreed with most of this)

I do agree too though it does take some serious skill, tuning, and testing to control one of these mammoth horse power cars though

But....

You do have to agree going from a 60 roll does add some control factor to the race. The control factor meaning a safe starting speed because these cars have too much power to go from a dig for their current setup.
It doesn't add any control factor what-so-ever. Any of those cars with the wrong tune could just as easily blaze the tires at 60, 80, 100+. You're still thinking like a low powered horsepower guy. It's all in the tune, bring the power too soon, it will murder the tires. Too late, you get drug by the other car. Like any kind of racing, it's finding the sweet spot for the conditions.

Btw, those big "dig" cars you were talking about are notorious for breaking. Going from a dead stop, at rest, is extremely stressful on a car and those cars constantly destroy drivetrain and rearend parts, twist chassis etc. Get maybe two or three passes out of a clutch if they are actually rowing gears. The auto cars are just point and shoot using fancy traction control boxes like a Davis box that cost $15k alone.

Hell, some of those KOTH cars cost as much or more as some of the T1 GTR's and URG Lambos! lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #67
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Good god that video had nothing but pure sex in it. And keeping any car under control doing 170 plus does take skills. I was doing 160 when I raced Eric and the car felt like it was floating. And you guys know damn well that type of racing would be a lot of fun. I would love to do that.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #68
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well... I am sure they do as it seems these guys are into racing obviously. Just reaffirms my feelings towards it. Just not a fan of roll racing and its hard for me to see the point.
It has the same point as any other kind of racing, to compete, have fun and win.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #69
03MachMe

Not thinking its cool, and it not being your fine is all well and good. The only thing im disagreeing with is how you guys seem to take that it takes less setup/skill/etc... to get these cars to hook. When in reality you have no experience with it. Experience > reading shit in motor trend and thinking you know whats up
my point is this all thing equal with the same car it is easier to roll race than it is to drag race and its easier to drag race than it is to road race/autox. whether its a 1500hp lambo or a 300hp mustang one thing will be harder to do than the other. To me this kind of racing is the easiest of the 3. That is just my opinion. Yes I am sure it takes quite a bit of skill to get this car to stay straight in a TI event. however I bet its even harder to launch at the track and run a fast time for its power level, and prolly even harder to control on a road course. That is all I was saying . I know these cars are stupid fast, and as they should be for the money they cost. Its just not my cup of tea. Your testing more about the car and less about the driver. If that is what you are after, to prove you own a faster car than everyone else, then this is the type of racing for you. Which is why a lot of people do it. I however would rather prove I am a better driver than others, which is why I like road/autox and occasionally the drag strip. You took it way too personal like we are saying you can't drive because you have a 1000+ hp car. Not what we were saying just that we think it takes less skill to get the same car down a roll race than it does for a dig race or a road race.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #70
JDBishopArts

Ryan is just pissing off everyone this week. lol
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #71
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Ryan is just pissing off everyone this week. lol
Cops do that to people. Lol
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #72
DirtyD

DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #73
03MachMe

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Cops do that to people. Lol
just wait till tomorrow...

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #74
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
just wait till tomorrow...
It's going to rain.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #75
JDBishopArts

JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote