Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #166
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
The only used part I knowingly bought was the blower itself, it had been on the gold car for a couple of months, we both knew that. Everything else was supposed to be new, according to your words. The boost a pump didn't even have end caps on it, just wires sticking out that had been hack spliced into the fuel pump harness and not even soldered. Same goes for the wires up front on the MAF harness. Twisted and taped, no solder. Didn't use the template for the cold air kit, fit like shit, had to cut the inner fender liner to get everything to fit right. Wood screw holding the cold air pipe to the fender, that was tightened down so much it stripped the hole and just spun. Yeah, I made all that stuff up.

And yes, the car ran great at the track, but what I asked for was "drives like stock, just more of it", I believe I even went on at length about not wanting to mess with the way it delivered the power. Your words to me? No problem, we can do that.

As to not running me off, what choice did you leave me? Brad would "forget" to call me back every time I called. When I called back, and got through, it was always the "shop is busy" excuse. I tried to hit him up on FB when I had had enough and was ready to take everything off, and it took him 2 weeks to give me an answer after he said he'd get right back to me.

That's why the car ended up back with Travis. The look on his face when he saw the work was classic.

It was clear that y'all had had enough of me and my business, and had no intentions of ever making it right. If y'all had done things right, we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?
This has to be a first, really bitching about Hpp work and thinking Gearheads does good work? Wtf
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #167
DR281

What's weird is when you came to our shop, you were bashing ghp in the same way. Maybe you were in search of some mythical creature. Some people you can try as hard as you can but you just can't please. I would have loved to see that. Nobody just twist wires together & tapes them. Sorry not buying it. The inner fender must be trimmed for the 4.5" tube. I don't buy the wood screw either. We don't have any of those up there. Maybe they made a special trip just for you. Again sorry you weren't satisfied. Like I said I tried & would have kept trying. When me & you went for a ride you said it was good & couldn't make it do anything you have described. Good luck to you. Keep bashing away about something that happened over 2 years ago. I'm out just wanted to put out the other side.

Last edited by DR281; 09-17-2014 at 10:24 PM.
DR281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #168
62nalide

I still wanna play heads up in the 1/8
With my NA 5th gen

Last edited by 62nalide; 09-17-2014 at 10:25 PM.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #169
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Donnie is the king of bitching and moaning
I believe it's been you crying like a little school girl. I could give a shit less about who takes their car where. Keep up the bitching this is the most action this site has seen in a year.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #170
Midnight11
El Presidente

You and Steve need a room lol

Good to see you both out at the track day or any meets. You just before to whine from
Behind the keyboard

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #171
downtime!

Originally Posted by DR281 View Post
What's weird is when you came to our shop, you were bashing ghp in the same way. Maybe you were in search of some mythical creature. Some people you can try as hard as you can but you just can't please. I would have loved to see that. Nobody just twist wires together & tapes them. Sorry not buying it. The inner fender must be trimmed for the 4.5" tube. I don't buy the wood screw either. We don't have any of those up there. Maybe they made a special trip just for you. Again sorry you weren't satisfied. Like I said I tried & would have kept trying. When me & you went for a ride you said it was good & couldn't make it do anything you have described. Good luck to you. Keep bashing away about something that happened over 2 years ago. I'm out just wanted to put out the other side.
If you remember when I came in, the only thing about GHP I was pissed about was the guy in the front office (I never can remember his name) that took all the information down for the Fox project, and said he'd call me back with prices that afternoon, and 3 weeks later I still hadn't heard anything from him. Exactly why I initially gave Brad such high praise, since he called me everyday with updates in the beginning. I never said anything bad about Travis, and never will. He's fixed jacked up work from other shops for me more than once, including yours. He had the car for two weeks, but when I got it back it idled normally, didn't die at redlights and basically ran just like I wanted it to originally.

And you don't have to buy anything. Myself, Frank Rodriguez (we used his shop) and Jonathan Kelley were all present when we took her back to stock. We couldn't believe the amount of hack work done. The best part of the whole deal was the fact that when Brad did finally get back to em to give me the estimate for removing the blower, the number was $1200. If I calculate correctly, that comes out to about 15 hours of labor. In 10 hours, we had the long tubes off and installed on another car, the blower off of my car, and about 80 % installed on Jonathan's car. All without the benefit of the manual that I asked for from y'all but never received. I paid for everything in the box, did I not?

In all the time that has passed, I had never said one word bad about the shop. My worst comments were "I got 90% of what you promised me" and "yes, he can tune cars, just couldn't tune mine". It was only after seeing the "quality" of the work that I stopped caring.

It's funny too, thinking back on getting started in modular cars. All I ever wanted was a car done by HPP. Everyone that was anyone back then was singing the praises. My first projects weren't "cool" enough for y'all (Procharged 2V car, nitrous 4.0 6 cylinder car, etc.) to even talk to me about back then. I brought the 4.0 car up when y'all were still in the old building and couldn't get the time of day from anyone there. We did manage to get it on the dyno for some baseline runs, but that's as far it went.

What I learned from all this is to be careful what you wish for, since it just might come true, and you might not necessarily be happy with the results.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now. Y'all didn't care enough to keep me in the first place, you wouldn't make the effort now, and even if you did try, what is my incentive to think the quality of the work done would be any better now than then? I'm done with new cars anyway, having too much fun with the old Mopars again.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #172
downtime!

Originally Posted by DR281 View Post
And my mistake on the wood screw, it was actually a sheet metal screw. The type that holds siding on a metal building. Still had the rubber washer on it too.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #173
DirtyD

Originally Posted by slim87gt View Post
This is some what true. I do some of my own tuning and I also use Daniel from triangle speed. Daniel is an awesome guy to work with and knows his stuff.
This is cool to hear.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #174
downtime!

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
This has to be a first, really bitching about Hpp work and thinking Gearheads does good work? Wtf
Travis has never let me down. He's tuned a number of cars for me over the years, and fixed what other shops haven't been able to as well. I'll admit, he's had his fair share of questionable shop help, but as far as his work goes, it's always been good. If he has a tuning flaw, and they all do, it's that he tends to tune things very conservatively, leaving a lot of power on the table. And I completely understand why he does that.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #175
BlackStang08

Speaking of true street, anyone read their latest google review? A person posted his entire story on there. Short story, TS raked them over the coals and blew up their car. It's a 5.0, might be a member on here?
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #176
Midnight11
El Presidente

Link?

HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 09-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #177
BlackStang08

I'm on my phone and it doesn't show me the link. Just goto google.com. Type in true street motorsports and look at the reviews. It's the one from two months ago. He even tells you how much he spent.

Last edited by BlackStang08; 09-17-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #178
Midnight11
El Presidente

Oh yea that was Brandon's car. It has also been sold already lol

HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #179
DirtyD

And now he owns a GM....
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #180
BlackStang08

Wow, lol. I felt bad for the guy, reading it.