Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Pewter Lurch

Default Headlights

Anyone know where I can pick up a pair of factory '11-'12 HID headlights? Trying to get some projector headlights but hate all the aftermarket ones.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
|Go Fast Parts(SHHHH no one knows)|
Pewter Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
JDMLOL

eBay. They will come at a price. 13-14 should work on a 11-12 car as well.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Pewter Lurch

Guess Ill just swap in HIDs for the time being...til I can find a wrecked out on.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
Old 03-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
JDMLOL

Honestly, the stock hids on fords suck. They have hotspots and crappy cutoff lines. You might be better off finding someone that can retrofit tsx projectors into your housings, unless you just want oem.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 03-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #5
re-rx7
Banned

TSX projectors and Lexus are legit.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Pewter Lurch

Ill see if I can find someone to retrofit for me.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:

The Ride & Look Good:

Collecting Dust:
Old 03-24-2014, 03:35 AM   #7
my95z28

I'm friends with a business on Facebook called Yuke's HID retrofits. No experience with him but his work looks OEM.

https://www.facebook.com/YukesHIDRetrofits?ref=br_tf
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
Pewter Lurch

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
I'm friends with a business on Facebook called Yuke's HID retrofits. No experience with him but his work looks OEM.

https://www.facebook.com/YukesHIDRetrofits?ref=br_tf
Just talked with them. $700 for new headlights with projectors, shrouds, bulbs, ballasts,and relay harness. Not bad but theres a 2 week turn around and he is behind about 15-20 vehicles.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:

The Ride & Look Good:

Collecting Dust:
Old 03-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Pewter Lurch View Post
Just talked with them. $700 for new headlights with projectors, shrouds, bulbs, ballasts,and relay harness. Not bad but theres a 2 week turn around and he is behind about 15-20 vehicles.

Probably could still find some reflector housings cheap to use while they're sent off and sell them when you get the retrofits back. Probably still cheaper than factory hids too.

The Queen:
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
DirtyD

Yuke's retrofits are top notch though.

You can try and do a retrofit yourself, save some money, but you have to have complete confidence in yourself. The Retrofit Source is a great company to deal with.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #11
Pewter Lurch

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Probably could still find some reflector housings cheap to use while they're sent off and sell them when you get the retrofits back. Probably still cheaper than factory hids too.
That $700 includes brand new headlights. So I would be good to run mine now while I wait then sell mine once I get the new ones in.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:

The Ride & Look Good:

Collecting Dust: